BIG Sal down to 290lbs because of The Wizard!!!

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big Sal along with many other tow truck operators in my area are going hungry.

I pulled up to the tanks at an Exxon, got out and then I realized that I left my wallet in the car. I tried both doors and they are locked...hmmmm. Then I noticed the little sign advertising "Speedpass". I thought I remember seeing a post on this board about this system causing havoc with the Viper remotes. So I go through the hatch, get my wallet and fuel up. At this point I'm joking with my friend about the Speedpass problem but then when I went to start the car the smile went right off my face...it stalled and wouldn't go. Apparently the alarm was doing this. So I tried the key override and that didn't work because it is disconnected (I think) from roll cage work that was done in that area.

I was about to call Big Sal for a flat bed but luckily I called the Wizard first.

In less than 40 seconds we pulled the kill switch on the electrical and reset the remote which was enough to clear the erroneous alarm code and off I went.

This is now the THIRD time the Wizard has saved me. If you only have one dime and your in the middle of nowhere with no hope at all...CALL THE WIZARD!!!...THERE IS HOPE!!!....I WISH THE WIZARD OFFERED LEGAL SERVICES TOO!!!

John ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99t1,
Chuck is Chuck!
The Incredible Viper Wizard of South Salem, NY
I am looking forward to meeting you at the BBQ.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was I / who had the problem with my Mobil/Exxon Speedpass. That was before I had The Wizard's phone # Tattooed on my right palm (left handed).

There is no over-ride on a 92, so I was forced to tap my shoes together 3 times and mutter " There's no place like home, there's no place like home". Nothin', da*n. Ended up replacing a control module for the security system.

Next week I'm going in for some plaid pants and disco music. Hopin' to pick up some womens; Works for The Wizard (maybe he was kidding?).
confused.gif

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
SOOOOOOO...now that we have seen this RECENT thread concerning the possible troubles with Viper alarm systems and the Mobil Speedpass, do we know how this occurs...and how it can be prevented/avoided?? Should a Viper pilot stay AWAY from Mobil and Exxon stations??? I am certainly NOT wishing to condemn this nifty "speedpass concept"...quite the contrary!!! I just want to know more facts, and whether other vehicle owners have had this sort of trouble. The "speedpass" concept REALLY appeals to me...especially whem fueling MANY vehicles in the same day. In Indy, Shell tried a similar thing for a while...but discontinued it in Dec. 2001...I had NO trouble with the system, but it's GONE and I am looking at options (assuming the station pumps 93 octane). Thanks, in advance for any further input.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hmmm...he sounds like the great wizard of OZ.
My hero one day was good ole beer drinking chuck bable..I mean Babel.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told the the problem only occurs when the speedpass is on the same keychain as the Key FOB of your Viper. I still have a speedpass and do use it refueling my Viper. But I keep 2 key chains and never store the Key FOB and the Speedpass together. I have not had any more problems.

When the alarm system was serviced I added a new battery. This problem happened shortly after I got my car. I think the car sat in the showroom for a while and the battery was weak (old).