Big Supra meet Nov 18th and 19th also Viper, Cobra, Corvette

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read a thread asking about pre-Bradenton action, well there is a nice Supra meet in Tampa (5th annual I think) This should be a fun weekend, plenty of drag racing at Bradenton and even more street racing. I will be bringing my 99 Roe / N20 Propane Viper and my friends Jesus (800+RWHP Supra) and Willie (1100RWHP 95 T76 Mustang)are heading over as well to take on some mean cars from Tampa. There is a guy, Terry... with built 03 Cobra who has come to Orlando and fed everyone their lunch recently, this car is bad ass, it pulled away from my friends 04 Novi 2000 SRT Viper with relative ease and he beat a few other cars including Willie's Mustang while visiting Orlando a few months ago. (Willie and Terry raced a couple of times, Terry won and Willie claimed to be on low boost, then they ran again and Willie won, Terry claimed to have no N20 left in the tank) This should be settled in two weeks. Also, there is a nice 1999 Corvette FRC with a FMS408ci Stroker duel stage nitrous car attending along with many other fast 700+ HP cars. So I'm throwing out the invite, it would be really nice to get some fast Vipers out at this meet, it would be a good time to run your car at Bradenton before the big Viper event too.

Here is the link

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=320960

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont 'have username and password... can you cut and paste? Might be worth going to 4 a few roll ons.. ;)

G

OP
OP
O

orlandov10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope to see you there Gerald, maybe we can meet up somewhere and drive over. ANd although Willie made over 1000RWHP on the dyno that was just ofr a #, he drives his Mustang around at 13 and 21psi, I don't think anyone att he meet will be making over 900RWHP.. but we'll see. The fastest cars all seem to run mid 140's.

Alright everyone, once again its that time that you have all been waiting for. On Saturday November 19th and Sunday November 20th the anual Tampa meet will be held. I currently do not have 100% of the details since a few things are still in the works but I will edit this post as I finalize everything. First of all I am very happy to announce that it looks as though we have picked up a few sponsors this year to help out and once everything is sorted out I will make an announcement in reguards to that.

Now onto the schedule that has been laid out so far.

Saturday November 19th: 9:00AM We will first be meeting in the parking lot of the Double Tree Hotel on Rocky point drive(see hotel details below for location) Once everyone has arrived we will be departing the Double Tree at roughly 9:30AM and heading across the Cortney Campbell Causeway on our way to Race Related for the dyno day.

I am very pleased to say that James at Race Related has once again agreed to open up his facility for us to gather and dyno. The dyno day will begin at 10:00AM we would like ATLEAST 20 cars to dyno and will fit more given enough time so please let me know if you would like to dyno and I'll put you on the list. Of course everyone wants to know what the price is and for how many pulls with wideband.

I'm sure you will all be very excited to here that to promote this event and make it bigger and better then last year Matt Scranton has stepped up to the plate to make this dyno day 3 Pulls with wideband for FREE!!!!! Due to this I want to see as many people throw their cars on the dyno as possible. Also, Matt is once again working on rounding up some prizes for the dyno day as he did last year so once that is figured out you will all know. Also I am still working out the details on having lunch catered at the dyno again this year so that we dont all starve(more details to come later)

Once the dyno day has been wrapped up I'm sure everyone will be starting to get hungry again. At this point we will all get together and take a short cruise over to Quaker Steak n Lube for some dinner. Many of you have been there before and I'm sure you would all agree that the atmosphere is perfect for this event.

Depending on on the time we are all done eating and shooting the [******] we will take a brief break so that everyone may go get cleaned up/rest before meeting up later that night. We will plan on meeting back at the parking lot of the Double Tree at a time to be determined. From there we will do the usual cruise/hangout etc... I am also looking into having a few locals help me out in leading the nights activities so that will be announced later.

Sunday November 20th: We will meet in the parking lot of the Double Tree between 8:00 - 8:15AM and then depart for Bradenton Motorsports Park at roughly 8:30AM. Runday Sunday is being held and will be running from 9:00AM till 5:00PM. We will take a scenic cruise down I-275 and over the skyway bridge till we make our way to the track. Matt and I are going to talk to the track manager and see about having some staging lanes reserved for us if possible. I would really like AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE to run their car. The track will be extra sticky and there will be plenty of fast cars. Bradenton is not extremely strict on the cages but please atleast have your helmets and whatever else ready. This should be a fun day for most everyone as I know many of us really enjoy the track. I have also invited many cobra/vette/etc.. guys from all over and I know many of them will be ready to run at the track so lets all have some fun.

EDIT: Everyone try and bring some 2 way walkie talkies as this will greatly help in making sure nobody gets lost.

We will have C16 available at the dyno day and at the track. We are going to bring two 54 gallon drums which should be more then enough from what I can tell so far. I will let you all know what the pricing is going to be as that has yet to be determined but it will be fair.

Hotel:

The Double Tree will be our main meeting spot and in the past has been a hotel where several out of towners have stayed. It is a very nice facility in an excellent location. Information and the address can all be found in the following link. http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=4K0GGGERQZCN4CSGBIVM22QKIYFC3UUC?ctyhocn=TPARHDT

There is also a Holiday Inn Express that is located right by the Double Tree
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/tpaap

Once again I will update this thread as I finalize all other details.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog