Bitten Pretty Badly - New Owners

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool, another '05 silver in the hood.

Swing by Chick Filet in Sterling one Friday night or Katies in Great Falls one Sat morning. Local chapter events are great too.

Remember - keep your wheels straight if you floor it :drive:

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw your car in Reno about a month or so ago. Nice looking and it was clean. The person I was with, fell in love with it. I do not know how old your dad is but I am 71 and bought my first one in January of this year. Bought a 2001 RT10. This is the second one in the family. My son has a 94 and I have been working on that for the last 4 years.

Congratulations on the new car. The fun begins.

OP
OP
G

G-Fulm

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Cool, another '05 silver in the hood.

Swing by Chick Filet in Sterling one Friday night or Katies in Great Falls one Sat morning. Local chapter events are great too.

Remember - keep your wheels straight if you floor it :drive:

I'll make sure to stop by sometime. Haven't been up to the Sterling Chick Fil A in a while. Are you there often?

paul fettig said:
I saw your car in Reno about a month or so ago. Nice looking and it was clean. The person I was with, fell in love with it. I do not know how old your dad is but I am 71 and bought my first one in January of this year. Bought a 2001 RT10. This is the second one in the family. My son has a 94 and I have been working on that for the last 4 years.

Congratulations on the new car. The fun begins.

Is there a reason why the person you were with didnt buy it? Something I need to know that I missed? My dad is about 62, and this is his/our first viper. Always loved the car, but never had an opportunity until now to buy.

paul fettig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He did not buy it because his wife has a sport car and he just bought a new truck. It was that nice and he is picky. We did not see anything wrong with it. Car was in the showroom next to a Lambo.

mykes

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is also a 05 silver vert.Glad to hear it won't be a garage queen.You and your dad take a track school together and that might be your best day ever!Got to go,tires just arrived and track day tomorrow.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I concur on the track day experience. Waay cheaper than installing Traction control and a good driver is always better than another computer.

Glad you got the best tires available. Watch out for dust, damp, etc.

Enjoy!

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time for my anual drive by noob advice posting... ;)

1) Track school and lots of seat time on various roads and eventually a few trips down the 1/4 or road course once you've got a good handle on the cars feel/power.

2) If you want it to run cooler or have more power down the road the basics are... delete the cats, and replace the stock crossover exhaust with a borla or belanger 3in system, short throw shifter, plugs/wires and some new tires. Michelin PS2's are the most common owners usually upgrade to

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll make sure to stop by sometime. Haven't been up to the Sterling Chick Fil A in a while. Are you there often?

I am usually the only regular Viper there, but often lots show up. Katie's is really fun, you'd enjoy that, see our local link for pics from that... 9/11 will be the next weekend I will be at either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets