Blew the cigarette lighter fuse, replaced fuse, still no power at the lighter?

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was putting air in my tires with a compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter. Well I blew the fuse, thought no big deal but replaced the fuse and still no power. Any idea what else to check or where to check? I need to see if the fuse blew again but man I hate following wiring.

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would pull the radio surround off which holds the cigarette lighter and check the terminal connections on the back of the cigarette lighter and the wires for signs of a melted wire that may be shorting out.

2min Job. Check weather you have power in the wires :)

Just thinking, which fuse did you replace? Did you also check the fuse in the air compressor plug?

OP
OP
K

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tried turning on my radar detector and its not getting power so its def the car fuse.

tito#14srt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mine was blown when i bought my car stopped on the way back home and replaced it so i would be able to charge my phone and gps it was easy fix

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The connector on the back of the female socket has a habit of coming off, it then can short and blow a fuse.

I just tried turning on my radar detector and its not getting power so its def the car fuse.