Blown Motor

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drive a 06 srt10, a couple nights ago I was on the road and at around 5k rpm in 3rd gear I hear this huge ting. White smoke(oil) fills up the sky, I turn the car off right away and pull over. Thankfully I have a buddy with a trailor and we quickly got it back to my house.

Now today I finally get time to lift the car up and see a decent hole in my oil pan, open her up to metal pieces everywhere.
The 3rd connecting rod is gone and left a couple quater size holes by rod #3

I havent inspected it more to see if anymore damage occured. I also found out my 3year/36k warrenty ended about 3months ago :mad::mad:

I know the viper has oil stravation probelms and the 3rd rod is usually a weak point, is their any hope of dealership help or am I ****ed? :omg:

Last edited:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't have warranty call Fat Albert for an 800 HP naturally aspirated, dynoed drop in-$18,000.00. You can never have too much power!!!!!:2tu:

OP
OP
J

Jroc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything ill build it for boost, any chances of short blocks for sale? Just a bare short block, no pistons, rods, or crank?

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anything ill build it for boost, any chances of short blocks for sale? Just a bare short block, no pistons, rods, or crank?

Our Classifieds. Page 2. My buddy Mike -99 R/T 10- has one listed. Just dealt with him 3 days ago. No problemo :2tu::2tu: