Blue Dash LEDs - photo

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Small update guys:

I got a set of UV bulbs, and also a set of alternative Blue. As it turns out, the UV Bulbs are quite dim. However, what was unexpected, is that the Blue bulbs are much more blue than my original blue, and the "blue" I first posted pictures of is actually much closer to UV when looking side by side. I went and checked the LED's, and I'll be damned- the new blue is actually blue, while the old blue is actually in the UV spectrum! No wonder they caused the needles to fluoresce! The "actual" UV bulbs are near identical in color, but about 1/4 the brightness at best. The only thing I can figure is that the UV was close to blue, and at the time they chose to market it that way.

So... I have added UV to the list, being the picture I posted much earlier. The Blue is now more "blue" [Lighter] than shown here.

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are these bulbs plug and play? No soldering or permanent modification?

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could you post a pic of the difference between UV and Blue when you get a chance?

Small update guys:

I got a set of UV bulbs, and also a set of alternative Blue. As it turns out, the UV Bulbs are quite dim. However, what was unexpected, is that the Blue bulbs are much more blue than my original blue, and the "blue" I first posted pictures of is actually much closer to UV when looking side by side. I went and checked the LED's, and I'll be damned- the new blue is actually blue, while the old blue is actually in the UV spectrum! No wonder they caused the needles to fluoresce! The "actual" UV bulbs are near identical in color, but about 1/4 the brightness at best. The only thing I can figure is that the UV was close to blue, and at the time they chose to market it that way.

So... I have added UV to the list, being the picture I posted much earlier. The Blue is now more "blue" [Lighter] than shown here.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, green is available.

From here on out, I will be posting pictures of LED bulbs and their colors only, unless I get picture from customers which have done the installs. I cannot keep taking my dash apart, LOL.

Instructions will be e-mailed to customers along with their orders.

JasonSSG

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dan, Im going to order the Blue LED's from your website, I want the original set of blue's you offered, the ones that look UV, is that what is on the website or is it the "newer blue" LEDS?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
gen 2 available ? looks really great !

I do not have any Gen-2's available at the moment for testing. If someone wants to try pulling their gauges, I am sure I can track the bulbs down with a sample.

However, I do not expect the Gen-2's will have as much luck with Dimming as the Gen-3's, as they have a resistance based dimmer in comparison to the PWM dimmer in the 3's. Never know though- might work decently well anyway.

TangeloPearl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is amber the red? If not do you have a picture of the amber? If you Could get orange I will order now if you can. Please let me know, Thank you

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Amber is as close to orange as you are going to get- and its pretty orange.

I just posted these pictures:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I tried to get pictures of the Blue and UV, but unfortunately the camera cannot see what the eye can see. They look the same in pictures, but are obviously different side by side.

OP
OP
C

cowger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bryan -

That looks awesome. It would be perfect for my 09 GTS Blue w/white vert. How many bulbs are we talking about for this? It's got to be at least 12, no? This is probably an all day mod I would imagine. A nice mod to do during these cold Winter months!

Scott

Scott,

That sounds about right in terms of the number of bulbs. The actual blub change, once you get there, is trivially easy. Even getting there is not that bad. I'd say that someone who is familiar with taking out the center console could complete this in 60-90 minutes. If it's your first time, maybe half a day. I wish now that I would have done an illustrated upgrade for this, as it's probably one of the easiest mods you can do to these cars.

Bryan

ZZ SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Small update guys:

I got a set of UV bulbs, and also a set of alternative Blue. As it turns out, the UV Bulbs are quite dim.

What do you mean by dim? I like the look of the UV pics you posted but are the new ones not as intense?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What do you mean by dim? I like the look of the UV pics you posted but are the new ones not as intense?

Ignore that, you have to read the whole paragraph.

To reiterate, the actual bulbs being marketed as UV by my supplier are quite dim- WE DON'T SELL THEM. As I found out after some digging, the bulbs I acquired that were marketed to me as "blue", were actually closer to UV, and are what I posted pictures of. Another "Blue" bulb they offer is actually closer to blue than UV, and what we market as the actual Blue option. Anyone who orders UV bulbs will get exactly what was pictured earlier in this thread by me.

The problem is that cameras do not show the difference between the Blue and UV. However, if you install 2 blue and 2 UV in the side cluster, it is DEAD obvious which one is which to the eye- camera just doesn't catch the fluorescence.

The actual UV bulbs are too far into the UV spectrum for a back/side lit application- you just cant see the gauges well. The UV we market are about halfway between Blue and UV. They are VERY bright, border on violet, and cause all of the needles to fluoresce. The Blue is much more blue, not very purple, and the needles do not fluoresce as much.

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Scott,

That sounds about right in terms of the number of bulbs. The actual blub change, once you get there, is trivially easy. Even getting there is not that bad. I'd say that someone who is familiar with taking out the center console could complete this in 60-90 minutes. If it's your first time, maybe half a day. I wish now that I would have done an illustrated upgrade for this, as it's probably one of the easiest mods you can do to these cars.

Bryan

Thanks Bryan. Like you stated, the biggest part is removing the center console. The end result is awesome!

Scott

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Since I never actually use the dim feature on any of my cars, at full wattage these would function just fine on a Gen 2, correct?

These kits are NOT for a Gen-2. However, should a Gen-2 owner wish to pull their gauges out, I can surely put one together.

I do not see any problem with lighting other than the possible lack of being able to dim them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi