Bluetooth on the GTS? Alpine IDA-X001

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay so I have been busy upgrading the sound system on the car and settled on a nice 12" sub and an amp as well as some soundstream XTC6 components.

The speakers have an arachnid (spider) as the grill or I can go more subtle and just put the mesh grill on (both provided). Will post pics but still waiting on the car to be detailed and done before I do that to keep the suspense going (like you've never seen a sapphire before lol)

Question:

Does anyone have any of the Alpine Ipod specific Headunits such as the IDA-X001/IDA-X100/IDA-X303 etc and connected it to the bluetooth hookup with mic?

I have a full Belanger system from headers H/F cats to exhaust so does anyone have any problems with noise, echoing and/or just bad sound? Curious as I dont want to purchase the bluetooth device and pay for install only to hate it and wish I just used an earpiece.

Jeez I love my car. I already went through 3 full tanks and it hasnt even been two weeks. But then I think that's average given the gas it consumes. True American car here lol. CONSSUUUMMEEE!!!!!

BTW- Officially now a member of the VCA. Pop open the champagne and gimmi my perks... I'll take a voodoo pls.

OP
OP
H

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
forgot to mention, I'm putting my flame suit on as many people might think it's sacrilege to put bluetooth on the Viper.

Well I live in Downtown LA and subject to stop and go traffic. I also NEED my phone and the law requires me to use a headset or bluetooth. I dont want dodge to make it standard but I do want it on my car.

Did I mention my flame suit is on?

End of disclaimer. :)

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I put bluetooth in mine and LOVE it. You probably will not be happy with the IDA series from Alpine...they're more "show" than functionality truthfully and I still found them to measure under par even though they do have some of the best processing power of most head units on the market. Here's a link to my Alpine w/ bluetooth install. Go with the unit I have if you want the most useability per dollar.....and to be honest with you it doesn't look like a space ship sticking out of your dash like the IDA does.

http://forums.viperclub.org/general-viper-discussion/638038-custom-stereos.html

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Well...I moved my pictures so here they are again.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's where I mounted my Bluetooth microphone....I can speak in at a normal volume level and whoever I'm talking with hears me just fine.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the law also requires you to drive at the speed limit.....!

i can and have gone thru 3 tanks in a day, without going more than 50 miles away from home

i cant hear a dang thing in my car so no use for BT here.

AndrewDoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In a coupe without any exhaust upgrades maybe. I had it in the Copperhead with a Borla cat back and it was pretty useless, top up or top down.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
the law also requires you to drive at the speed limit.....!

i can and have gone thru 3 tanks in a day, without going more than 50 miles away from home

i cant hear a dang thing in my car so no use for BT here.

I just hate holding a phone and driving. The bluetooth is specific to alpine and plays through your cars speakers, and the microphone filters out certain frequencies so you can talk even in the loudest cars. My car drones something fierce and my conversations still can be had at a "slightly louder than inside" voice.

OP
OP
H

hybrid1098

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just hate holding a phone and driving. The bluetooth is specific to alpine and plays through your cars speakers, and the microphone filters out certain frequencies so you can talk even in the loudest cars. My car drones something fierce and my conversations still can be had at a "slightly louder than inside" voice.

My car already has IDA-X001 installed before I even got it so I'm okay on the headunit dep't. Which bluetooth do you have? There have been some that has been echoing (the older generation ones I believe) and have crappy reviews. Curious as to what you installed to you're alpine deck.

So even at low drones it cancels that sound and the caller hears it clear? hmmm I may opt for it as I hate those flimsy earpieces.

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a Pioneer Premier with bluetooth and I like it a lot. Can download all my contacts from my phone to the car, can connect up to 3 or 4 phones, and can do all dialing, receiving and making calls from the head unit. I call it Jarvis (from Iron Man) :) I have no problems hearing people, but sometimes they have a little trouble hearing me due to the mic (placed in front of the visor near the windshield). I plan on relocating it next time I tear into the interior to build my sound system.

CWhiteRun

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
My car already has IDA-X001 installed before I even got it so I'm okay on the headunit dep't. Which bluetooth do you have? There have been some that has been echoing (the older generation ones I believe) and have crappy reviews. Curious as to what you installed to you're alpine deck.

So even at low drones it cancels that sound and the caller hears it clear? hmmm I may opt for it as I hate those flimsy earpieces.

Yuppers I am using the newer Parrot unit. KCE-400BT I believe. The mic does cancel out the low drones, BUT you do have to talk loud enough to get your own voice to overcome the drones before it gets to the mic. That's why I mounted it as close to my head as I could get it.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought a Premier DEH-P790BT when the stereo crapped in my Stealth TT. It was so awesome (I reallly hate phones and have trouble hearing and understanding through phones) that I immediately went back and bought another for my Viper. Awesome!

They don't make those anymore and after they made it a law requiring "hands free" I bought a cheaper double DIN BT Premier. Don't buy cheap. The audio isn't as clear, there is no signal strength or battery indicator on the face plate of the cheap junk.

Ted