Bog between 1st and 2nd gear

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's the status on this issue? I'm taking the car to the dealer and want to get this and the lights on the record. I really don't want them taking the car apart to diagnose this on their own.

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bog in my car is no more, wonder what happened. It did it quite a bit when it was new, and now it's gone.

Skip White

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I checked with my local dealer recently... There is a TSB out with the following title:

It's for the 2003MY Viper V-10:
18-035-03 HESITATION ON THROTTLE TIP-IN AFTER PROLONGED CLOSED THROTTLE

It reflashes the engine controller with all prior updates and an update to "De-Bog" your bog... and it updates the part number to 04865501AI (The AI part is the important part). Go get it if you need it.

David Weaver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it works. I have done 3 and the owners tell me the power increase is VERY noticeable. Each owner has been very happy with the software update. Don't hesitate, go do it. It takes no more than 20 minutes. Call you tech ahead of time and let him know you want to come in. He can download the update into his DRB, plug right into your car when you pull up and be done in 5 minutes. It takes longer to do the paperwork than it does to complete the job. DW

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the BOG flash today. Don't know if it was cold run flats but I had to back off the throttle passing someone on the highway. Car started spinning the tires at 60+ mph. Scary...not the wheel spin, that Dodge has a fix that gives a performance boost. Time will tell. Get thee to the drag strip! (or the dyno)

Russ Oasis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have found the same thing. I think the car is faster according to the seat of my pants. (after WOT they are soiled)

Dave_F

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think that I've noticed this problem on my 2003. Does every car need the reflash?

Thanks,
Dave

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
AS ROADRUNNER recently posted:

I checked with my local dealer recently... There is a TSB out with the following title:

It's for the 2003MY Viper V-10:
18-035-03 HESITATION ON THROTTLE TIP-IN AFTER PROLONGED CLOSED THROTTLE

It reflashes the engine controller with all prior updates and an update to "De-Bog" your bog... and it updates the part number to 04865501AI (The AI part is the important part). Go get it if you need it.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
R

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all
I started this thread many months ago, and finally got my "bog" flashed thanx to roadrunner's instructions.
Wow what an improvement. Now with partial throttle 1st to 2nd, the car really leaps forward ---as it should. 2nd gear also feels stronger.
The viper tech drove it before and after the flash and was amazed at the difference.
The fix is real. My thanx to all of you for taking my "bog" seriously.
riw

03 black srt
03 amg E55
427 67 vette
93 ann ZR1
02 z06 yellow

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AI is German for engineering change level. The part doesn't physically change, only the software revision. The AI indicates what updates have been done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21