Boost gauge ?

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2000 gts. I would like to install a boost gauge. I have a shift light located in between the tach and speedo. This would be easy to put somewhere else since it's so small. I would like to place the boost gauge in it's place, or mounted on the steering wheel plastic housing. Has anyone done this, and if so does someone have a pic of the guage they are using. I'm thinking 2-1\16 would work??
Thanks

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A boost gauge would be hard to look at way down on the steering column when you are under boost. I have a hard time glancing at mine on the side pillar. I would recommend a pillar pod and leave the shift light on the column. :usa:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Autometer makes a universal pedestal pod mount. You can mount it in the center of the steering column and put your shift light next to it.
I think this is Gary Almond's setup.
631686boost_gauge.jpg

OP
OP
P

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I know what you mean about not looking at the gauge when it's located in certain places. I have one installed in another car (left side of dash) and it took me god knows how long before I got comfortable enough to see how much boost I'm achieving. With this beast, the only time I see looking at it is in third gear and up. First and second gear when I get on it with pilots, the damn car moves sidways all the time.
Thanks for the pick of the install-looks very clean.