Borla and Corsa Sound clips

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, thanks. I checked it out. Also checked out the Vipers. A lot of nice Viper shots. Nice presentation on all of it.

You must be registered for see images

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know if these cars just have the cat-back system stated, or do some have h/x pipes or hi-flow cats?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
K
Thanks.
Any explanation for the slightly different tone on the same system but different years?
Any chance of getting a B&B cat-back system sound file anytime soon?

OP
OP
V

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Working on getting other exhaust clips for the site. I should be able to get a B/B clip soon. You will hear a different tone with the same exhaust on different year Viper due to the cam profile of the earlier Vipers.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GREAT!
I know I should know this and it's been asked a zillion times but which year back or up had the lumpy cam?

Viperzilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
99-02 changed had the less lumpier cams. Although many dynos have shown that there isn't much difference in HP gains between lumpy and smooth.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nathan- Great site! My car's just got the cat-back Corsa, smothies and K+Ns. Otherwise stock. The Corsa removed that stock lower RPM resonance for me, glad I changed 'em. This is mostly beneficial for GTS', but on RTs, it doesn't mean so much.

My 2001 sounds really loud at a cold start-up, then the tone mellows noticeably as the engine warms up a bit.

I like to rev it around 5500, and hear the crackle-rumble, as the revs come back down. Sounds really good crossing 2000 rpm in a downshift. Simple things for simple minds! Ha ha, I'm no different!

OP
OP
V

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Vic. I am working on a performance section for our site and this is what I have so far. Thought I would share with all here. Vic - Do you notice that after 3000 RPM, the Corsa sounds louder? Kinda cool, as the Borla is a constant. I know what you mean about the cracking, I love that noise too!!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Wish you lots of success, Nate.

I'll be listening for the tone change around 3000rpm, next time out!

OP
OP
V

vipernate

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Vic for the very nice comments! Maui - I use a Sony DSC-P5 for the movie clips and for all the high resolution pictures on our site. Here's a picture -

RSNAKE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
99-02 changed had the less lumpier cams. Although many dynos have shown that there isn't much difference in HP gains between lumpy and smooth.

The Cam change is in the '00 - '02 cars. '99 had the lumpier sounding cam the exact same cam as was in all the '96 - '99 GTS's and the '97 - '99 RT/10's.