Borla Exhaust

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got my Borla 3" cat back. I'm glad I test fitted everything in my living room. Borla messed up in the rear Y section and expanded a pipe which is supposed to have another fit over it. Now one tip fits over one pipe and the other tip has the same diameter as the Y pipe. It's a good thing I'm taking the heads off tomorrow so the motor will not be ready for about a week. I'd be pretty upset if I were ready to bolt the exhaust on.

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although constructed of high quality materials and providing a major improvement in exhaust tone, this kind of quality oversight is not uncommon at Borla. I had a very similar experience on my ZR-1. Borla sent a replacement system but it was no different. I wound up on the garage floor with an OX/ACET torch to achieve proper fit. For this reason, Borla was not a consideration for my Viper. I choose Belanger which worked out quite nicely.

Hope your end result is positive. I know it will sound great!

OP
OP
M

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the sound, however if I were to do it again I wouldn't choose Borla. I have heard many issues with it not fitting correctly and I did have to do some work on the hangers to get them to line up.

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would not buy another Borla system after the headaches I had installing on my '94 Bronco. (Many years ago) They had to send a replacement to me, and it arrived in a box that was destroyed by the time it got to me. Then, they called me to see when they would get the old one back...in new condition! I explained that I had no manner in which to box it and get it to them in "new" condition, as it was a unusual size and length. This new one did not fit as I thought it should either. After a couple years, I wound up putting the stock system back on. I noticed no improvement, but I sure did get tired of listening to it everyday. For a Viper, I am very pleased with my Snake-Oyl rear muffler delete. IMO it sounds right, fits well, and is reasonably priced.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang