Brake Upgrade - Alcon, Brembo or Dilusi ???

Jay Lopez

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got the Dilusi 6 piston front, 4 rear. I absolutely love them! Right now, I'm running a street pad on them from GreatBrakes.com . When I do the track events, I switch to a much harder compound pad. At the track events, I've never been able to make the brakes fade, and I've tried so I'll know the limits. I have a write up on my experience at my site.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Would also look at Sean Roe's brake packages, listed in his catalogue reached via "site sponsors" from this board's mainpage.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your perspective, Bob. Dave Buchesky (who engineered the factory brake system) was certainly no dummy. About the only place I've found shortcomings are with the front "heat sinks" and you have a well-engineered answer to that.

For time trials and aggressive track play, working with simple, inexpensive, pad compound and rotor combinations is all most folks (90%) need to concern themselves with. Be sure to run top-quality fluid - like AP600, SRF or Motul and check it with some frequency.

Still on stock rotors and playing with pads (1100F front, 800F rear)......

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting note about brake balancing.

Do they add a control so you can adjust the master cylinder to balance the bias between the front and the back?

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have converted my RT/10 to 4 wheel drum brakes from a late 70's A-body Mopar. Less rotating mass and has cut my ET's by almost three tenths of a second. It wasn't easy but with a hacksaw and a MIG welder, anyone can be a pro!

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FRANK:
I have converted my RT/10 to 4 wheel drum brakes from a late 70's A-body Mopar. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh man! Like from a Slant Six A-body? That is soooo trick. Did you drill lightening holes in the backing plates to reduce the weight even more? Could you get me a parts list together? I've GOT to have that too. And when you get an A-904 hooked up, I'll buy that too.....

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Frank, you need to add the brake mods to your sig. How about some photos. Maybe a cookbook writeup, too?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery