Brakeman 3 pads for street use? Leslie?

crazyspeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone using Brakeman 3 for regular street driving? are they ok ( ie can you stop ok when they are cold?)

For those switching pads after each track day, are you also swaping out rotors? ( I am assuming pads need brake-in to the rotors in use?)

My application would be for a Gen II 1997 GTS

TIA Tony

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
oh yeh I have always kept my race pads (B 3's) and rotors (EBC's) on the Viper, stops juuuuussst fine.

I go to the track now about 2xmonth, more if I can swing it, and I see hardly ANY pad wear inbetween runs.

no squeelin' either:)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, ABS (2001)

Yeh I know I could put the stock rotors/pads back on, but I am hooked on the 'bite', and I have been surprisingly impressed with how well these pads do on the street too.

going on the Niagara cruise next Tues, I am hoping to use them a 'little' more aggressively:) haha

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have used BM3's for street use. I only use them in front however, to improve the brake bias if/when the ABS fails. It also improved the "wander" that ocurred under high speed braking.

Beware the brake squeal though. Keeps other drivers awake!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you drive your Viper in the winter in Canada?

now I am impressed!:headbang:

I think I just about croaked at the visual of my car in the salt and snow! :crazy2: ;)

As in below freezing:( but no snow :) on the road year round... :drive:

Ah! Can again breath easier!

Did once see a local 02 ACR that had seen some winter salt use.... man that left marks on my soul....

Sorry for the hijack! :(

Now returning to regular programming... :)

TexasPettey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use the BM3's on the track & street. I was swapping for a short while between BM3's and EBC for track/street, but it was too much work for getting ready for the track. I just leave the BM3's on there. They work just fine, but do dust up a good bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang