Brand new radiator LEAKS!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man... I got talked in to buying brand USA instead of brand Out of Town, because the score was at least 2 to 1 brand USA. I got the one in a million blip on their QC chart I guess. Everyone is manning up and it looks like short of a big postage stamp to get this one back it will be no charge, but what are you spending your Friday night doing?

BTW, if you have personal interest in who I'm dealing with PM me to discuss. This IS still a very respectable transaction, just a bit of PITA syndrome. Soooooo, off to put the OE one back in to enjoy some Texas weather this weekend.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Madduc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well add some egg whites to stop the leak!

Sorry to hear Dave. Hope it gets resolved soon and you can enjoy your nice warm weather.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to tell from the picture but where is it leaking, the seam?

Where the tubes/fins are welded to the end tanks. I took some pics a couple of weeks ago when I first started to get a handle on the drip, and you can see the orange discoloration from the Prestone ELC. In the zoom shot, its the tube to the right. See the orange around it?

PhoenixGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a PWR triple-pass the same time I was changing my AC o-rings. Just to make sure it was the o-rings and not the condensor I took the condensor to a radiator shop to have them pressure test it. They did not have the correct fittings for the AC unit, but I had the PWR in the box in my truck and since they were not busy I had them pressure test it in the dunk tank. Guy says come check this out and sure enough a bottom corner is blowing some serious bubbles. Ultimately, it was the o-rings and the AC has held charge for years now and West Coast Viper immediately exchanged my PWR, I had the new one tested, it was fine, and it has been working leak free for years. Moral of the story = always have a new radiator pressure tested before installing it.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what ****** me off is the time to replace it. or cost if you dont do your own wrenching. you never get that back. and thats BS. they made the mistake and all you get is a new part....what about the cost to replace ?

G

grcforce327

No issues with my "triple-pass" from Alan's ,and didn't have to cut for the drain plug!:2tu: Really ***** have to do things twice because of someone elses mistake!!
:evilmad::brick::rant::aargh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine