Brembo 6-piston upgrade

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking about installing the Brembo GT (6-piston) brake/rotor upgrade to help stop TT car....:omg:

Has any one else installed this brake upgrade? Was it worth it?

Thanks

jj.jpg

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
All that money and time to make it GO and now you want to make it stop :D?

Cant wait to see some pics. Put me on the list for wanting a ride in that beast.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm...look good to me. Probably don't need them for the rear, but would there be any draw back to doing front and rear?

doc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive used those calipers on a srt-8 charger that had a supercharged 7.3L engine, and ive got to say it is one of the nicest brake kits i have seen or used. the kit for the charger used a 15.5" two piece rotor as well. its a little pricey, but well worth it. ill try to find a picture of the setup.

doc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn, cant find any pictures of the 6 piston setup, but here are a couple of the car, plus one of an 8 piston setup we did on an '09 challenger.

You must be registered for see images attach

you can kinda see the brakes in this shot.

just for kicks, here is the engine from the black car.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Baer 6 pistons on my GTS and it was fantastic at the the track but, squeeled on the road. They did'nt make a street pad the worked very well.

Check on pads first.

4030DSC01071.JPG

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Baer 6 pistons on my GTS and it was fantastic at the the track but, squeeled on the road. They did'nt make a street pad the worked very well.

Check on pads first.

4030DSC01071.JPG

Porterfield can custom make any pad with a compound based on your driving. Their prices are in line with most over the counter pads. I believe they are in Southern CA. I had them make custom pads for my Subie STi a few years back when we couldn't find the pad we needed. They had real fast turnaround.

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the info...

All that money and time to make it GO and now you want to make it stop :D?

Cant wait to see some pics. Put me on the list for wanting a ride in that beast.

You bet John...:D

hmm...look good to me. Probably don't need them for the rear, but would there be any draw back to doing front and rear?

No, I'm told it would be similar to the (4)-4 piston set up already on the SRTs....

DOC... that really looks good

OP
OP
treesnake

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kit I am getting comes with pads based on driving info I give them.

The rotors are obviously replaceable. Just keep re-using the "hat"

There is also a Brembo parking brake upgrade that comes with it...

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wouldn't spend the $$$$. Just put a good set of race pads up front and you'll stop just fine.

You may not get quite as good a pad selection with the bigger calipers.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of Brake Pads; I have been looking at the HAWK DTS-30. It has a wider range of operation than the HPS and HPS+ with better friction charcteristics. I am wondering if anyone out there has had any experience with the DTS-30 pads. It seems that most of the performance pads have an operational range beginning at 100F so I am also wondering how big a deal that is for street use. It would seem that 100F on the brakes would be pretty easy to get to in weather thats above freezing. Any thoughts?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Living in So Cal, we don't have to worry much about cold temps.

I run PFC's, 01 compound, on the front of my ACR on the track and Porterfields on the back and just leave them on for the street. I've had no issues with braking even in the coolest weather, about 35 to 40F at night in the winter. These pads are a bit noisy, they make a bunch of dust, but they really stop you.

You may have to be a bit more selective if you drive in cooler weather.

Dan

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That 6pot brembo is a great kit, however the viper stock kit is already excellent, you will not see any improvment in braking at all.