Brembo or StopTech brake kit

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper got really fast and I have a little difficulty to stop it above 120mph. I was wondering what is the best brake kit available: Brembo or StopTech ? Any experiance with both ?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the stop tech front kit. for 2k, it was an excellent purchase. don't know about the brembo but i've considered tom's setup for the rears. but since 90% of braking is front, i went with the ST front...

JD

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, use Tom's rear brakes.......(period)
There are MANY posts here on the forum; do a search.
You won't be disappointed.
Later,

JGarrett

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't really answer yet. The real question is what do you want to do with the car?
Is it just for the street? Do you drag? Do you do road tracks? How often?
Kudos for thinking of this. I'm always amazed at how little attention many of us pay to perhaps one of the weakest areas of our cars performance.

Cheers,
Jim

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kudos for thinking of this. I'm always amazed at how little attention many of us pay to perhaps one of the weakest areas of our cars performance.
I'm always amazed at how many people downgrade to EBF green because it has lesser dust. :shocked:

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some drag racing, once a year track and a lot of speeding on highway. Basically I want a kit that stops my car on a short distance when I speed 120mph on the highway.

Bugeater

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since you are not planning on stopping repeatedly from 120 (or more) for 15 minutes or more constantly, upgrade the rears to 40mm and add better pads.

Fade wont be an issue in your case, so there is no reason to upgrade to "big brake kits" where that is the main advantage. Sometimes the only advantage.

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schulmann,
Here is a link to what I said on the forum after exercising Tom's rear brakes. Even for street use, or should I say especially for street use, there is a significant difference. Like I said in the post, the car "squats", rather than "nose dives" when stopping.

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=557582&Forum=UBB14&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=557485&Search=true#Post557582

Later,

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper got really fast and I have a little difficulty to stop it above 120mph.

What does this mean? How did your Viper get "really Fast?" Do you think you are having to stop the car earlier because you are carrying more speed around the turns along the grocery getter route or are you just running on the track and feel that you need more stopping power because you've added more HP and improved your driving skill? Either way, unless your car is a track car then it's doubtful you will run out of brakes. :) FWIW-I have a full set of Brembo 6 piston front 4 piston rears if you think you've run out of brakes and want to upgrade.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Redsled, If you need help to get you Viper fast post an article people will help you to tune your car.

I want to reduce my breaking distance. If you can help I will appreciate. If you don't want to help keep your secrects ...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960