Bright Chrome Side Emblems

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Greetings and Happy Thanksgiving. I am considering replacing my red RT/10 Viper side emblems with the chrome ones I've seen advertised. Do I assume correctly that a heat gun helps to remove the old letters and then they peel right off? :dunno: I sure as heck don't want to scrape them off with a plastic putty knife as I saw in one illustration. What is the best way to remove these side emblems and install the new ones so they don't come off?
Thanks!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have replaced two sets of them. Just heat them up with a hair dryer or heat gun on low heat and they peel right off. Might need a little goo gone to get the glue off after you peel the stickers off.

Ed

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have replaced two sets of them. Just heat them up with a hair dryer or heat gun on low heat and they peel right off. Might need a little goo gone to get the glue off after you peel the stickers off.

Ed

Even on "low" most inexpensive heat guns can blister paint. A hair dryer might take a little longer but has a safety factor built in that it would be really hard to damage anything.

Moral of story: Pick your weapon based on risk management and current experience/skill level.

Oh. And whether or not momma will let you use her stuff... :D

OP
OP
V

V10 PWRD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Guys! In my original post I meant to say hairdryer instead of heat gun. That would be way too much heat for what is needed.
Got my answer!

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Also, keep the protective paper on the front of the new emblem, peel off the back to expose the adhesive and install it as one word - not individual letters.

I thought this would be obvious to anyone who replaces their emblems but I've read stories on here where owners have installed it one letter at a time and used masking tape to keeping the lettering aligned as they were putting them on.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just used my fingernails to take the old ones off.. some of the adhesive remains behind which can be remove with isopropyl alcohol...when putting the new ones on just prep the surface with isopropyl alcohol... i put stainless on back of my 08

v13.JPG

and my 03

511.JPG

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heat gun.

Fishing line also works real well. Then remove any remaining gluse with some 3m wax and adhesive remover.

nishboo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What you have to do is tape out the area and make sure that its directly on the correct place for it to look good. Also, make sure u clean once u remove all the letters, so it can have the best adhesion to your car.

I have a set of SRT10 chrome emblems. If you want them, shoot me a PM and we can figure out a fair price. They are BRAND NEW.. and I also have the rear ones which say "dodge" and "viper"

jbrian31

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone kow where I can buy these white RT/10 side emplems. They look white or are they chrome?

Sorry for the ugly girl repost.
[media]http://www.eroticars.com/site/content/system/wallpaper_000069_800x600.jpg[/media]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang