"Broken" D-Ring on my remote

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
\"Broken\" D-Ring on my remote

I have now managed to break both of my Key Fob D-rings. Is there a replacement without having to buy the whole thing? What about MGW cover plate? Does it have it's own ring for the key ring? Please advise. Thanks.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Ray,

Are you talking about the plastic piece that the metal ring goes through?

Since you have a 1998, you should have the larger style keyfob. Two buttons with 90 degree angles on the top. New style is more rounded and smaller.

I have a keyfob that the base is broken on... It sounds like you need my good side. Will that work for you?

OP
OP
R

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Jerry, The side I need has the buttons on it. The other side
or bottom holds the battery. It is the large remote you described.

I also asked about MGW because I think to use his metal "fob" cover,you must break off the piece I've already
broken.

After 12:00pm Friday until Monday I will be out of town(V-10 Nationals). I will respond when I get back.

Thanks,Ray

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

i also had my fob plastic fail. the black electrical tape worked well, except when noticed by other people.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Would you be able to re-program the smaller remote to work with a 1998? I might have one.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Ray,

Yes, it is the top piece that I have. Since you are a VCA member, I can send it to you. No charge.

V10 Nationals?...Say hello to the Kansas City Bikini Girls. Many of you have seen pictures of them on this web site. They are down there.

Liviper, yes the smaller unit will work. You can have a dealer program it with a DRBIII or you can do it by shorting a wire to ground. I would have to type in detail how this is done. But it's no problem.

Jerry

OP
OP
R

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

Hello Jerry, I will take you up on that offer. I'll be happy to pay you for it,at the very least let me pay the shipping.

Thanks ,Ray