BTR VETTE UPGRADE........UPDATE.............

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who also own C-5 vettes and or maybe even an LS-1 Camaro, here is what my vette did at the dyno today.

First, about the car:
1999 C-5 coupe with AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION and 2:73 Gears(the worst case scenerio)

Bone stock it made 299 rwhp @ 313 ft/lbs torque

Today, we tested our Nitrous/Propane system on it.

With just the nitrous "dry" system, no propane it produced:
367 RWHP @ 415 ft/lbs torque

With the Propane and Nitrous Mixed we netted the following:

410 RWHP at 492 ft/bls torque!

With a 20% conversion factor(AOD transmission and IRS suspension) the flywheel numbers are 492 horsepower at the flywheel and 590 ft/lbs. torque at the flywheel!

The car ran VERY rich as the air fuel mix was off the bottom of the scale which has a low of 10.0(the air/fuel mix ratio is important as too lean(high number like 15) can lead to detonation. We ran out of small jets to lean it out some and increase the power. I feel confident that 150 rwhp will be very safe and easy to obtain.

We will be drag strip testing the car this week and will post results. Previously it ran a best of 13.64 at 103.80 mph.

We are taking orders for the kits and the introductory price is
$ 1199.00 complete. It will be adjustable from 80 rwhp(dry) to 150 rwhp(with propane)

This price will be for the first 40 kits sold.(sorry to sound like a salesman but im going to buy some market share from the competition-kind of like the viper halfshafts for those of you who have taken advantage of that DEAL!)

thanks again for reading,

tom

P.S. we will be testing headers this week also, and post results. If anyone is interested in seeing dyno sheets, feel free to email me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang