burn't my leg today on viper

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There have been a lot of useless threads lately, I thought I'd start one.

My leg was burn't today when washing my viper but it wasn't on a sidesill. In fact the engine wasn't even warm, I had just pulled the car out of the garage. Can anyone guess how this happened???

Clue: the sun was shining with not a cloud in the sky today when this occurred.

OP
OP
V

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Reflection from wheel.

:omg: You got it! That was pretty quick, I thought it would take a few guesses. The reflection off of one of the wheels created a focal point right where my leg was. After a couple of seconds I felt this sharp burning on my shin, looked down and sure enough it was like burning ants with a magnifying glass!

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Were you wearing your short skirt today to wash the Viper? Next time I recommend one of those head to toe jobbers :rolaugh:

I got to drive my GTS today, of course it rained. Oh well, I've put at least 12 hours of seat time in all out downpours in this thing.

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few years i was loading the viper with some boxes of beer at Nadines house, and nearly lost a box due to the sun bouncing off the rear wheel, strangly the wheel wasnt even that clean as id just drove 100 miles guess i need to use the brakes more often

within a few seconds of placing the box on the floor it was smoldering (within a few feet of the car) we didnt beleive what we saw at first

have since read on the forums about guys legs and trousers also burning

here's my old post about it
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=562279&highlight=beer

Last edited:

GuitarSteve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Were you wearing your short skirt today to wash the Viper? Next time I recommend one of those head to toe jobbers :rolaugh:

I got to drive my GTS today, of course it rained. Oh well, I've put at least 12 hours of seat time in all out downpours in this thing.
As an enthusiast and I am sure most of you will toast me for saying this:

I feel that driving a car like the Viper in the rain and somewhat wet weather only teaches you to respect the snake for what it is and how to get along with it without being bitten.

Fast Viper Dan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a few years i was loading the viper with some boxes of beer at Nadines house, and nearly lost a box due to the sun bouncing off the rear wheel, strangly the wheel wasnt even that clean as id just drove 100 miles guess i need to use the brakes more often

within a few seconds of placing the box on the floor it was smoldering (within a few feet of the car) we didnt beleive what we saw at first

have since read on the forums about guys legs and trousers also burning

here's my old post about it
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=562279&highlight=beer

Was the Beer OK?:boozer: