Buying a 1996 RT/10

SnakeBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a 1996 Rt/10 and I just want to ask a few questions. How reliable are the cars, and were there any major problems or recalls on the '96 RT/10. What would be a good price for a white w/ blue stripes, black interior '96 RT/10?? I will be moding the car and was woundering what you all would recomend(headers, charger, nitrous, etc.)? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank You. Robert

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check with the local dealer to see if the frame recalls (998&999) are done and done correctly. The 96 RT/10 is a Gen 1.5 (great year :2tu: ), Gen II suspension/brakes, but the Gen I engine and windowa. Check to see if the head gaskets have be replaced. The Gen I's have a defective head gaskets. B/W is a nice color :2tu:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have one listed in the VCA classifieds. It is in great condition and has had the 998 recall performed correctly as well as the head gaskets replaced. It is an absolutely beautiful car and I have enjoyed every second of it. Now its time to pass this enjoyment on to a worthy future owner.

Send me a PM or call me at 281-726-1295 if interested.

Kevin

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SnakeBoy,
Great choice, but as 99 R/T 10 said, check recalls, AND HEAD GASKETS.
How many miles on it?
You mentioned some pretty aggressive mods, remember the engine is a Gen1, and the heads have smaller valves than the Gen 2's. For those mods, you would probably need to do the heads and installer bigger valves.
Go for it - you will love it.
As Kevin said, check the classified; what's with all the white/blue cars for sale??

Later,

OP
OP
S

SnakeBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for your input guys! I have a few more questions??? Are the '96 RT/10 equipped with power windows and air conditioning?? Ruckdr the car has 36,000 miles on it. Thanks in advance guys.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, they were the last year of the snap in windows. But the 96 had the upgraded sliders. These cars will be worth something down the road. I believe that A/C was standard on the 96. When I sold my 96, it had 53K miles on it and running great! :2tu: :2tu:

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have one with 32K miles, sliding windows, top, CD player, 998 recall work performed correctly and upgraded head gaskets (see classifieds).

Kevin
281-726-1295