C6z06 Or 06 Srt10 Coupe????

sprayedz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iam trying to decide between a c6z06 or a 06srt10 coupe because they are in my price range. I like the z06 performance but from what I have read the 06 srt10 isnt to far behind if any. The car will not be driven but once a month since I work out of town and only home for 1 week out of the month. The viper seems to hold the value much better since they havent made nearly as many, and are way more exclusive. Iam asking this question because Iam sure that alot of the guys on this forum have probaly owned a c6z06 at some point. So any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Steven

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're not driving the car that much then I would definitely go with the Viper. The Vette is an outstanding car, but its a little more civil. That's a great thing if you're going to put a lot of miles on it, but if you're only going to get crazy one a month, why not go REALLY crazy?

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would definatly go with the viper you never see them on the road. you drive down the road and see 10 vettes and the average person doesnt know the difference between a regular vette and a z06. i do think the vette is more comfortable inside its like sitting at home on your couch, the viper your in there like a race car

tpduke112

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I test drove both yesterday. The vette is more well sorted hand drove amazingly but I would get the viper. It is more raw and exclusive.

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you plan to do anything other just having the Viper as your "toy" car, get the Z06. All the tangibles favor the Z06, but intangibles favor the Viper

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shameless plug for my 06 First Edition coupe with supercharger and forged internals. See classifieds. Viper is the only way to go. Vettes are nice but let's face it they are a dime a dozen. How many Vipers do you see out there? My supercharged coupe will put a hurtin on any C6Z06.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just made this decision, although it was for any SRT10 vs. the Z; I actually was more apt to get the vert.

The Z is the better handling, higher power, faster car. It's cheaper to go fast with and has more creature comforts and interior room.

It is a pretty common car, it's appearances are close to the lesser base model C6 and it doesn't have the same lines as a Viper.

I can't drive a car to its maximum potential so I picked the Viper for the intangibles. It's a cool ride that looks great. It still has enough power to get me excited as my toy if I get rid of my faster car and it definitely gets more looks.

Synergy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pythonpete brought up a good point when my girlfriends father was in the market for a car. Cheverolet makes roughly 30,000 Corvettes every year. On the other hand, there has only been approx 20,000 Vipers ever made. Knowing that, he went with the Viper :drive:.

You also get the advantage of joining the best car club there is today!

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The number of Vipers is probably closer to 27,000. In March of 08, Dodge gave NASCAR driver Kurt Busch #25,000.

Next Phase

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are on a viper forum. Which do you think we would suggest?

:usa:

Beat me to it...

Viper will turn more heads, but if you are using the car more for daily driving, I'd get the Z. It is also faster and cheaper...

For a weekend warrior, I'd get the Viper.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the z06 performance but from what I have read the 06 srt10 isnt to far behind if any.
Get the Vette. You'll kill yourself in the Viper.

2003 Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 08 ZO6 and my 03 Viper. The ZO6 is hands down faster and a much better DD. The Viper is a toy car for fun drives. If you are only driving it now and again get the Viper.If you get a good deal it will hold it's value much better and you wont see many on the road. JMO

Good luck with your purchase

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Getting the vette is like showing up for your class reunion with the hot girl from your class.

Getting the Viper is like showing up with a Supermodel... no, two Supermodels.

Go for the Supermodels. Get the Viper.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 08 ZO6 and my 03 Viper. The ZO6 is hands down faster and a much better DD. The Viper is a toy car for fun drives. If you are only driving it now and again get the Viper.If you get a good deal it will hold it's value much better and you wont see many on the road. JMO

Good luck with your purchase

I agree with the above. I had a 08 Z06 at the same time as my Viper. Very different cars for different purposes in my opinion. If you are only going out once in awhile and raising hell and your ego get the Viper. If you want a comfortable and fast car for daily driving get the Z.

OP
OP
S

sprayedz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As far as performance is there that much of a differnce between the two??

ssjcreeper

Viper Owner
Reaction score

If memory serves - the 0-60's are the same but the Z is maybe a tenth quicker in the 1/4 mile. I believe braking and skidpad are about spot on too with maybe an edge to the Viper.

If it's within your means, and those few tenths make the difference, go for an '08-'10 coupe. They can run with the ZR1 up to about 180mph.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OP
OP
S

sprayedz06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
50g under there is a the VOI9 06 with 5k miles on it on this forum. I think is a pretty good deal and that's kinda of what I had my eye on. Maybe u know the car or the owner marko from vegas he's a moderator on here? Wonder what your opinions of the car and the price are?

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the money the ZO6 is by far the best option. Performance and reliability are awesome. For uniqeness, the Viper by far. For a dailey driver, the Vette. Ask the Vette forum too for both sides. They are both incredible cars but two of them are behind me for many laps in the photo to the left !!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes their is...

z06 0-60 in 3.7 on average (3.5 with great driving)
gen3 0-60 in 4.0 on average (3.8 with great driving)

z06 1/4 mile in 11.8 at 124 on average (11.4 at 127 with great driving)
gen3 1/4 mile in 12.1 at 120 on average (11.7 at 123 with great Driving)

My opinion is that the gen3 feels MUCH faster in the lower rpm range..just a slight jab of the gas pedal releasing 485 stock tourque at the rear wheels leaving stop signs ect. will punch you in the chest. The C6Z06 with its more modest 425 stock torque at the wheels cant deliver the same tourquy feeling and holy SH*t factor..

On the flip side the C6Z06 may not exibit the same down low torquiness but it makes up for it with a 7100 rpm true redline and a engine that just screames from 3500-7100 rpm's...Feels like a rocket is attatched to the rear of the car..in comparison by just 5000 rpm's the gen3 is already running out of breath and you cant wait to shift again and feel the low end tourque swallow you back into the seat...

My gen3 and my buddies z06 went many many times..The result was simply stock for stock from say 50-140 mph he would always be 2-2.5 cars ahead.....Now from a dead stop I could usually beat him from 0-130 mph..But I probally just drive a lil better...

But heres the thing..You can make a Honda civic beat a gen3 or z06..Ive seen plenty of vids of this happenning....But you cant turn a civic or vette into a viper...

We both did mods..me bolt ons at 480 rwhp and him a mild cam/intake/exhaust/tune for 500 rwhp..

We went about 30 times over a 3 day period and I beat him a time or two and the other runs we were side by side or his rear was at my hood..

You can change how fast they are quite easily..But again despite what thousands of z06 vette owners want to belieave..In reality they are in seperate classes. Its not gonna be very often that you see a crowd form around a Z06 TAKEING PICS AND ASKING QUESTIONS...Gen3 or any viper for that matter and you will hate even pumping gas..

As far as handling its a wash....the gen3 won a few reviews and the z06 won a few reviews...Both are awesome handlers..Usually within a few tenths of eachother in the head to head reviews...

My opinion..Well it depends if Youve ever owned an exotic car before...Im on my third Viper and just sold my nsx..Ive owned semi exotic cars for a while and for me there is no going back to a corvette. (yes I owned a 2004 vette)

While it was a GREAT car it just dosent bring that joy like a rare semi exotic car does..Every time you drive your viper you will pass someone who has LITERALY never seen one in real life before..Theyve seen pictures and videos ect. Or maybe saw one at a dealer but have never seen one....Thats somthing special..I didnt see my first viper till I was 19 years old (FROM VIRGINIA)

So my opinion is if you havent owned a car as rare /exotic as the viper yet then go for it..And enjoy the experiance...If you want a pretty kool car that with just intake and a tune will destroy a Ford GT then get the Z06

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21