CAAP / PREFIX Tour 082606 - NEWS!

gts_2001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of us attended the CAAP / PREFIX tour on Friday August 26, 2006.

Two important pieces of news came out of that tour that I think most will appreciate knowing:

1. There WILL be a 2008 Viper ("It's been bought and paid for already")

2. Per one of our CAAP hosts: "we can't tell you how much horsepower the new engine will have, but...we've gone overseas to get some help on this one...and it's not the Germans...our friends in England have helped alot!"

As of Friday August 26, 2006, they have 11 more Vipers to build and that will be it for the 2006 year. As I recall, total production for the year was in the 2400's (if any of the other attendee's can remember the exact number, please clarify this.

PREFIX:

We all know that there will be new interior / exterior options from PREFIX. In looking around the premises they also do alot of work for other manufacturers, e.g. Mustang, Saleen, Foose (the Foose Mustang option will actually be done at PREFIX), Corvette.

**We saw the NEXT VCA RAFFLE CAR** It is a White SRT-C with Blue stripes, some Blue interior accents (different from the Blue/White SRT-C FE), Four Point Seat Belts, carbon fiber center console panels, a CF rear wing and a CF front splitter. It looked pretty good to me, but most people probably won't like it. Don't buy any tickets on this car, guys. I'll just buy 'em and get it out of everyone's sight!

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's the car he's talking about:

6594Prefix_21-med.JPG

6594Prefix_6-med.JPG

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of us attended the CAAP / PREFIX tour on Friday August 26, 2006.

Two important pieces of news came out of that tour that I think most will appreciate knowing:

1. There WILL be a 2008 Viper ("It's been bought and paid for already")
2. Per one of our CAAP hosts: "we can't tell you how much horsepower the new engine will have, but...we've gone overseas to get some help on this one...and it's not the Germans...our friends in England have helped alot!"

As of Friday August 26, 2006, they have 11 more Vipers to build and that will be it for the 2006 year. As I recall, total production for the year was in the 2400's (if any of the other attendee's can remember the exact number, please clarify this.

PREFIX:

We all know that there will be new interior / exterior options from PREFIX. In looking around the premises they also do alot of work for other manufacturers, e.g. Mustang, Saleen, Foose (the Foose Mustang option will actually be done at PREFIX), Corvette.

**We saw the NEXT VCA RAFFLE CAR** It is a White SRT-C with Blue stripes, some Blue interior accents (different from the Blue/White SRT-C FE), Four Point Seat Belts, carbon fiber center console panels, a CF rear wing and a CF front splitter. It looked pretty good to me, but most people probably won't like it. Don't buy any tickets on this car, guys. I'll just buy 'em and get it out of everyone's sight!

good to know :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave