California Emissions -- Need Help

g3173

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the board and the viper world and I have to admit that I am HOOKED! My wife thinks I'm crazy but she has given me the :2tu: to buy my car! So the question is, Do all 04 Vipers come 50 state approved? I'm currently dealing with someone in GA and he's not sure. His prices are really good so I need to verify if I will be okay with emissions.

My other dilemma is what color to get but I don't think anyone can help me with that! My choices are; silver or black. I already have 2 black cars so maybe the silver will be a nice change of pace, but black is very addicting.

Thanks for your help!
Gene

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The SRT-10 Viper is USA legal, so long as it's stock, meaning, it has not been modified in such a way that makes it non-emission compliant.
Get it in Silver! :D

You must be registered for see images

MORE PICS:
http://www.autogaudy.com/Exotic%20cars/viperaid/dodge_viper_srt_10_silver1.htm

eagles

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gene, my '03 srt has cali and fed stickers under the hood, certainly '04 also should have them. I thought I wanted black and actually ordered one, but that didn't work out. I ended up with a silver one and it is a perfect color on the srt 10. People love this car in silver. I also have had mostly black cars in the past, but I love silver on this car.

eagles

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black is way better, I am sick of silver. And all SRT-10's manufactured are 50 state emissions legal

OP
OP
G

g3173

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I just buckled and purchased a Black 04 Viper from Ringgold Motors. I got it for $77k not including shipping. Viper only has 4 Miles and is brand spanking new! His prices are amazing. Anyone else buy from him? If all goes well, I should have my girl by next Monday and will join the NorCal Viper Club!
Thanks for all the repl; you guys are awesome!

Regards,
Gene

Dead President

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car must have a CA smog cert sticker to register it in CA. I've been through it. Doesn't matter what the emissions are, you need the CA sticker under the hood or the DMV will not register it!!!

If your car doesn't have the sticker, the dealer can probably order it and send it to you. Been there, done that.

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your car must have a CA smog cert sticker to register it in CA. I've been through it. Doesn't matter what the emissions are, you need the CA sticker under the hood or the DMV will not register it!!!

If your car doesn't have the sticker, the dealer can probably order it and send it to you. Been there, done that.

-Bought mine in Arizona, has a federal emmissions sticker, registered with no problem, never heard of a california sticker

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960