Can anybody get their hands on a brand new/non-warped facia for a 94?!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the past I have used hot water(brought to boiling temp)
to reshape plastic parts. The paint should be ok for that
temperature. To limit expansions stress you might prewarm the
area first.

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the responses, but I don't really feel comfortable fixing it myself. I just can't believe all these facias are warped! My insurance is paying for the labor and painting of new facia and Chrysler is paying for the facia itself, but Chrysler can't seem to be able to ship me an unwarped facia!?

Joe, just hope you don't need to put on another facia, because it seems all of the Gen I facias are warped that are out there! If you look in the media are under 94's, look at the pic of my car from the front with the V-Mania hardtop with air duct-it's warped right where the air goes into the radiator.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt,
I found a picture of the front of your car but without the NACA intake in the roof. Still, it's a picture of the front of your car and I just can't figure out what's warped. I live in a rural area so there are no other Vipers around to look at. Please give me some more info about where to look.
Can you tell if mine is warped by clicking and enlarging the photo of my car?

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I can't tell from your pic. You'll have to take one from the direct front view.

Here's the pic I was talking about.

13mvc-018s-med.jpg

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have some pics of the fix I did....I will post them tomorrow evening. There is no foam on the bottom and the left side of the pic is worse than the right side. From experience, this does create a problem in cooling, you only get half the air. Do the fix and forget about it...If you send me your fascia and pay for the shipping, I'll fix it for you and I'll buy the materials. E-mail me if you want this done. I have until the 24th of this month, then I return in Jan.

OP
OP
Sniper

Sniper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vip-RT10

Thanks!!! I will let you know if I will send it to you. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't pay you for it though.

Here is the original facia-
13mvc-006f-med.jpg

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that there is no foam behind the lower lip. There is foam behind the cross hairs and the upper portion of the facia. Unless the facia looks warped before you put it on, one possibility is that the facias being built now are using an improper mold. Once the are pulled and bent during the install process the tops of the lower lip bulge out.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see it now. This is a problem that I would ignore. Can you see it without bending down and looking in?
I'm just kidding, sort of. If my car had this problem I think I'd live with it. However, if I had paid someone for a new fascia I would want it fixed.
If that part that is pushed up is hollow, I would think that a good fix could be made by making a jig to hold it in its proper, compressed position, and then filling the hollow with insulating foam from an aerosol can. That stuff sticks to everything. This might be best done with the fascia off the car. The jig could be made of multi pieces of heavy cardboard with cutouts to hold the piece down. I think I could fix it if I had to.

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to remove the front fascia right now because of the installation of a new larger radiator, so I can get pics now of the job. I'll send them soon.