Can anyone point me in the right direction for putting a power glide in my Viper

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know Sal has done it in his Gen II before and I plan on trying to get in contact with him, but my car is a gen III and I don't know if there's any difference or not as far as adapter plates go etc. But any help on the matter would be great. Would also like to find a top notch shop to install an 8.50 cage in the car. Thanks!--Andy :drive:

britospeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call Carl at rossler transmission. They have everything minus the converter and crossmember to do the conversion.

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You could also call John at Donato Engineering 248-921-4969.
He is doing one for me now. I have a GEN2.
You will have to get a crossmember support made but he should have
everything else you would need.

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Talked to John for about 30 min. this morning. Thanks for the heads up guys!

Griffin1001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't mind sharing your info on this subject we are prepping one now for the same treatment. It does not look like it's going to be to difficult.
On this build, that will probably be one of the easy parts. :)
Good luck with your swap. For those who don't know me, I am happy to share any suspension tech support I can. I build mostly drag race stuff. We are doing a solid axle swap and cage in a 2nd gen now.

OP
OP
O

oufan2929

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you don't mind sharing your info on this subject we are prepping one now for the same treatment. It does not look like it's going to be to difficult.
Good luck with your swap. For those who don't know me, I am happy to share any suspension tech support I can. I build mostly drag race stuff. We are doing a solid axle swap and cage in a 2nd gen now.

What are some other options if not going w/a solid axle? What suspension mods do you recommend? I have a feeling my motons will be for sale soon!

Griffin1001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are some other options if not going w/a solid axle? What suspension mods do you recommend? I have a feeling my motons will be for sale soon!

What are you planning to do with the car? Is it more for drag racing or street/road course type stuff?

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UGR did both of mine. In a Gen 2 and a Gen 3. Both have rosslinger th400.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GRIFFIN is doing a few other things for me too.....:D

Narrowed 9 inch and a 10 pt. cage.

Thought of a few more mods while waiting for the engine to be rebuilt...:rolaugh:

A 2-speed is in the works...:2tu: