Candy apple red viper - WOW

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I'd drive it....depends on how "SPARKLEY" it really is.

The pass. side door doesn't seem to line up right.....niether does the driver side of the hood.

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
WOW, I LOVE the color. I don't like the wing, but love the color! I will add that to my list of things I want for 2008.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
look at the gaps above the headlights. Candy apple paint is hard to apply. Look at the "stripes" on the hood. That is the overlap where the candy clear was layed to heavy.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First I have seen that color. Pics look cool. Even when I was shopping for my Viper I was afraid of ebay motors. Too much money to buy a car not seen in person without warranty. Nothing against ebay personally but there is a leap of faint involved.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Is the paint kinda "blotchy", or is it reflections from the ceiling?

There are a lot variations in the color density. Maybe its supposed to look that way?

Other than that, I love the color.

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ebay is a great place to buy a car as long as you have it professionally inspected before you leave the house. Photos are terribly deceiving but as long as you are very cautious and take your time there are deals to be had on ebay. Any deposit should be made with a credit card so you can get the money back if the car is not what it is described in the auction.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate the color. The only custom painted Viper that I have liked was a Gen III in the new Lambo orange. Good luck to the seller on getting a good price on a repainted car.

DrDJ

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd like it a lot more if it didn't look like the same color on the Porsche in the background.
And if anyone is wondering, the original color was red, so it's not too far off.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ebay is a great place to buy a car as long as you have it professionally inspected before you leave the house. Photos are terribly deceiving but as long as you are very cautious and take your time there are deals to be had on ebay. Any deposit should be made with a credit card so you can get the money back if the car is not what it is described in the auction.

umm no, A deposit is to hold the car, you inspect it BEFORE you bid not after. I do not return deposits, and if they use a credit card I dispute it, futher more I will sue for breach of contract if I lost other potenal sales.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does becon many questions to be asked. Driver's headlight gap is really strange, side sills look two-toned front to rear (was this intentional?), rear facia on drivers side above bumper big gap. Points to incorrect install (bumper first then facia). I certainly do not have anything against complete re-paints. Will probably do mine in the next few years to some hot new three part pearl yellow that gets developed...TBD. But these sorts of posts are great "heads-up" to all of us regarding pros/cons of the marketplace.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960