Cant decide between a SRT-10, or a Gen II

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The 'widebody' can be seen here.

I'd like to remind Pteam that the Viper is, and was always called "a modern classic". The Viper concept was to "go back to basics" and "there's no substitute for cubic inches" OLD way of thinking. The AC Cobra and the Shelby Daytona coupe were the ideals that the Viper design was taken from.

The OLD ideals mentioned above make the Viper the world's best machine that it is. The largest engine built in North America is the most powerful n/a sports car engine produced in North America and the only V10 built in North America. Sometimes old is the best :)

It's a good thing that some of us like the Gen 3 better or we'd all want the Gen 2s and all the Gen 3s would be parked and unloved? LOL. That's not going to happen.

Enjoy.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't think that anyone mentioned that the headlights in the Gen 3s are HIDs whereas the Gen 2s also get improved when you add the HIDs to their headlights. I liked the low beam improvement so much that I also installed HID highbeams. My fog/driving lamps are my daytime running lights (can't do HID DRL).

Some people like the Gen 2 seats with the squeezebulb lumbar support and other people prefer the non-lumbar-adjustable Gen 3 seats.

Ted

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The 'widebody' can be seen here.

I'd like to remind Pteam that the Viper is, and was always called "a modern classic". The Viper concept was to "go back to basics" and "there's no substitute for cubic inches" OLD way of thinking. The AC Cobra and the Shelby Daytona coupe were the ideals that the Viper design was taken from.

The OLD ideals mentioned above make the Viper the world's best machine that it is. The largest engine built in North America is the most powerful n/a sports car engine produced in North America and the only V10 built in North America. Sometimes old is the best :)

It's a good thing that some of us like the Gen 3 better or we'd all want the Gen 2s and all the Gen 3s would be parked and unloved? LOL. That's not going to happen.

Enjoy.

any pics from the rear angle to see how deep that really is? Heres all I could find from my 99 and 2003

Last edited:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and some of my favorite angles for a srt10 vert

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're referring to the side cuts? The 'scallops'?

One of the design features that I really like about the GTS and coupe is the subtle compartment vents at the rear corners of the quarterpanels. It smooths the lines and instead of curving the side around the back the GTS sides end with vents. The rear of the car goes from vent to vent. Although the Gen 3 and 4 coupes look awesome the Gen 2 still looks slightly better from the rear.

The double bubble roof was included to facilitate wearing race helmets and gives away the race heritage of the GTS and the coupes. When you look at the GTS it is different. The clamshell hood opens from the front. The double bubble roof, the doors have sold metal at the back, the nose/hood is so long that when it is open, it stands about double the height of the roof.

Ted

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
excellent points..And I agree that the way the GTS ends in the vents is awesome..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness