Car Covers and Side Pipes?

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got my car cover. I saw no warnings MAKE SURE THE SIDE PIPES ARE COOL BEFORE COVERING YOUR RT10.

Common Sense says; Let the pipes cool first.

But common sense may also be that the cloth is not flammable.

The cover is a mopar cover.

Any input would be helpfull. Thanks-Jeff

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,
I had the same concern.. the answer that I was able to get from my dealer was " people do throw the covers on cars that just came off the race track"

So I guess you can put it on right after a drive. I myself don't feel comfortable doing that. I like the garage not being burnt down with my Viper in it. So I pull in the garage leave the garage door open and let it cool for 15 mins. and then i can cover her if i wish. Usually I just wait till morning.

hope this helps..
JIM
smile.gif

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, as a long time cover user, I can tell you that it is a bad idea to put a cover on any car that is not completely cooled down. Not so much that the cover could catch fire, but for other reasons. In short, you are asking for all kinds of heat related issues, including possible paint damage. In fact, it's a good idea to at least wipe the car off with a duster to make sure that you are not grinding dirt into the paint...the cover won;t scratch..but the dirt between the cover and the paint will. The first thing I do after pulling in the garage is to open the hood to allow the heat to get out. You may be smart to wait until morning to cover the car.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R