Car is OOC

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is now "Out Of Commission". For how long I don't know. I noticed my drivers side front was lower by about 1/8 to 1/4 inch than the rest of the car after a good drive down a country road. I have KW Coilovers and after removing that shock it has no rebound after plunging by hand. I took it across state line today to the closest KW dealer. They inspected it and came to the same conclusion. Duh, anyway..... KW of USA in Cali was called for an RMA number, but the dealer suggested to expidite I just buy one and the warranty will eventually refund the purchase. We'll see about that. If I have reimbursement issues for a coilover that has a lifetime warranty you folks will be the first to know.

Oh ya, the Germans take the month of August off and there is no replacement coilover in the good old USA. I guess I'll be driving my 08 Challenger for a while for fun. Darn the bad luck anyway :D

Last edited:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea yea yea, and when the claim eventually reaches the warranty department it goes like this:

"Sorry sir but we will not process your claim because you have the wrong hair color, have a nice day and glad you bought yet another of our great products".

I'd be very careful with these guys, sounds like a potential kick in the ass waiting to happen :nono:

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea yea yea, and when the claim eventually reaches the warranty department it goes like this:

"Sorry sir but we will not process your claim because you have the wrong hair color, have a nice day and glad you bought yet another of our great products".

I'd be very careful with these guys, sounds like a potential kick in the ass waiting to happen :nono:
Well said. Sounds like something I would say. Everything is a scam until proven otherwise but hope it works out......

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have relenquished myself to the fact I will probably be 1,000 out of pocket. No choice, I cannot run around with three good shocks and one bad.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me an idiot, but the only car I would be driving until the issue gets worked out is the 08 Challenger. Why be impatient and be oblivious to a possible very real issue when you have a second choice in vehicles anyhow?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested I know a company here in NY that rebuilds race suspenions namely moton and penske. They actually work with several Viper race teams setting up the suspension systems. You can see if they work on KW. I think i remember chatting with them and they mentioned they do.

Talk to Joe. Worth a shot.

SRP Engineering

My car is now "Out Of Commission". For how long I don't know. I noticed my drivers side front was lower by about 1/8 to 1/4 inch than the rest of the car after a good drive down a country road. I have KW Coilovers and after removing that shock it has no rebound after plunging by hand. I took it across state line today to the closest KW dealer. They inspected it and came to the same conclusion. Duh, anyway..... KW of USA in Cali was called for an RMA number, but the dealer suggested to expidite I just buy one and the warranty will eventually refund the purchase. We'll see about that. If I have reimbursement issues for a coilover that has a lifetime warranty you folks will be the first to know.

Oh ya, the Germans take the month of August off and there is no replacement coilover in the good old USA. I guess I'll be driving my 08 Challenger for a while for fun. Darn the bad luck anyway :D

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me an idiot, but the only car I would be driving until the issue gets worked out is the 08 Challenger. Why be impatient and be oblivious to a possible very real issue when you have a second choice in vehicles anyhow?

I'm not driving the Viper. It has the shocked removed. I also am not driving the Challenger at the moment, its in for mods. So that leaves my new Ram pickup with a Hemi for driving........

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested I know a company here in NY that rebuilds race suspenions namely moton and penske. They actually work with several Viper race teams setting up the suspension systems. You can see if they work on KW. I think i remember chatting with them and they mentioned they do.

Talk to Joe. Worth a shot.

SRP Engineering

Thanks Nadar, I'll tuck this one away for future reference. The shock has already been shipped to KW USA for warranty evaluation.

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about your car and I hope the replace your coilover soon. There's just not enough summer days to have a car like yours down for to long. Also what kind of mods is the challenger getting if you don't mind telling. I saw one at a car show a couple weeks ago that was all black and said it had a 500 horspower option 1 of 500. All I noticed was a cold air intake so I'm not sure what else was done to make it have 500hp. Good luck with all.

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really sorry to hear about your car and I hope the replace your coilover soon. There's just not enough summer days to have a car like yours down for to long. Also what kind of mods is the challenger getting if you don't mind telling. I saw one at a car show a couple weeks ago that was all black and said it had a 500 horspower option 1 of 500. All I noticed was a cold air intake so I'm not sure what else was done to make it have 500hp. Good luck with all.

I am having a AEM F/IC put in the Challenger. The Viper will be back on the road before long I think.

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a new coilover from KW. All the way from Germany and within ten days. Back on the road.........:2tu:

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not driving the Viper. It has the shocked removed. I also am not driving the Challenger at the moment, its in for mods. So that leaves my new Ram pickup with a Hemi for driving........
how is the challenger going?are you enjoying it.is it everything you thought it would be?

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're up and running in the Viper again! Are you and Flora going to make it down to the HP Challenge next month? From what I understand, we can use a few Vipers with mods to help us whip the vettes.

Hope to see you there!

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're up and running in the Viper again! Are you and Flora going to make it down to the HP Challenge next month? From what I understand, we can use a few Vipers with mods to help us whip the vettes.

Hope to see you there!

I'll be there, nothing like whipping up on the Vette's :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte