Car Manufacturers donations to 9/11 Tragedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, I posted it in the wrong section...Moderators, feel free to move it. Gary, the tie is that DC is the manufacturer of our beloved Vipers. Sorry that is too much of a stretch for you to comprehend.

PS, this is not a hoax. It is from a credible source-so get your data square before you flame a post.

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can anyone prove that these "non participants" participated?....

From what I can tell, GadgetMan has done some home work here....

I would love for someone to give tangible credit to Toyota for doing something.....but I do not see that they have done jack sh*t....please, some one prove me wrong....and don't just blow me off as a hoax with a link....at least after we kicked Japan's backside and dropped the big one for what they did on Dec 7th....we took the time to help rebuild their country...like McArthur did not have better things to do....

OP
OP
H

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job DC! It's nice to support companies that are good Corporate Stewards ...

CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding car manufacturers contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington. The findings are as follows......

1. Ford- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee
contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER response team services and office space to displaced government employees.

2. GM- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of vans, SUV's, and trucks.

3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.

4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles
to the New York Police Dept.

5. Volkswagen- Employees and management created a Sept 11
Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC.

6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.

7. Audi- Nothing.

8. BMW- Nothing.

9. Daewoo- Nothing.

10. Fiat- Nothing.

11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month
ever in August 2001

12. Isuzu- Nothing.

13. Mitsubishi- Nothing.

14. Nissan- Nothing.

15. Porsche- Nothing. Press release with condolences via the
Porsche website.

16. Subaru- Nothing.

17. Suzuki- Nothing.

18. Toyota- Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and
August 2001. Condolences posted on the website.

So, it's ok for all of those Foreign car companies (exception VW and Hyundai) to take money OUT of our country, but not give back in a time of tragedy? They take American money, jobs, and anything else of value they can, and return nothing. What a shame.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an old Internet post/hoax that has been going around since a few days after 9/11. Check out the Urban Legends site for details of this hoax at the following URL:

Urban Legends

Oh yeah, this has nothing to do with Vipers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinusbeats