Caravan to Paul's House???

C-Note

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone has planed on where to meet up and what times?

I am planing on going down, not sure when to leave?

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here. The note said to target arrival for about 1:00pm. Leaving from Bellevue, that means that I'll need about and hour and a quarter of straight driving time, plus meet-up time.
One option might be to meet up in Tacoma around 12:15 - 12:30.

Other ideas?

Steve

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm coming from Sammamish.

My proposed route starting on the Eastside:

Stop #1 - : (Arrive 11:00, Depart 11:30) South end of Factoria Mall parking lot, Bellevue
(Alternate; Eastgate Shucks lot off of I-90- same as Wyrsh caravan meet????)

Stop #2: (Arrive 11:00, Depart 11:30) Gene Coulon Park in Renton. Parking Lot at Ivars next to Boat Launch. (Alternate; Southcenter Mall in Tukwila to meet up with those coming from the North on I-5)

Stop #3: (Arrive 12:00, Depart 12:30) Exit 127 off of I-5 in Lakewood. (Intersection of SR 512 & I-5) South-enders will have to help out with the place, I think there's some kind of shopping mall and easy on/off access to I-5 here.

I vote to avoid Tacoma as it ***** to get back on the freeway once you're off.

Each leg is about a 30 min. drive. Tried to allow some lag time in-between.

Charley

SmokinViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a great route! I vote for Eastgate, as it's way easier freeway access than factoria mall. I'll join you there.

Isn't the Shucks on the south side of I-90 though? Wouldn't it be easier to meet at, say, the Dairy Queen in the Toyota parking lot, or Little John's Restaurant on the North side?

Steve

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parking is tight at the DQ- impossible on weekdays, not sure about the weekend though. Shucks has better parking and we can take the loop under I-90 to the 161st entrance. To start out on the north side, I think the McDonalds on 156th would work. Big lot, straight access onto I-90.

Any thoughts on the south(ish)-end stops? Any one coming from Puyallup or Tacoma area? Anyone from Everett care to chime in on a possible north end.

Let's get this nailed down and I'll send a message to Heather to forward via e-amil.

rhumbrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm coming from Seattle. It would be best for me to meet up at Southcenter. I'll plan to be there at 11:00.

-Christian Omdal

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK. Just looked at my original post and I'm pretty sure we can't be in Eastgate and Southcenter at the same time. So...

Stop #1) 10-10:30am; Eastgate Mcdonalds (on 156th, next to Days Inn)

Stop #2) 11-11:30am; Southcenter Mall, northwest parking lot by Nordstrom/Bahama Breeze (where the movie theater used to be)

Stop #3) 12-12:30pm; Lakewood? need suggestions for a location as I don't recall what is there. If no one wants to meet/stop there, we can postpone the previous stops.

CR

vwiper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi, I actually had a logon to this forum and can say I will see ye'all at Southcenter at 11:15 am.

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excerpt from another member's e-mail:

This is the same as what we did in 2006 & 2007...

As we usually do, there will be a convoy from the north end of the state that will meet up as follows. These are the *leaving* times, so it would be a good idea to be a bit early for the mandatory Viper-enthusiast socialization:

1) The Totem Lake Country Buffet at 11:15
2) The SouthCenter parking lot at 12:00 (Close to I-405 where Movie Theater was)
3) The Fife truck (Southbound) scales at 12:30 PM.

~1:15 PM - Arrive at the Ronald estate in Olympia.

Don't forget to bring your 2-way radios, set to channel 10:10, and also we encourage you to bring some ***-luck item to share with the club; drinks and grill will be provided by the Ronald's. Don't forget your camera!

PacificSEASnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does herding cats have a familiar ring?

The members that have made the trip before are far wiser than I on the timing, and since we're all creatures of habit, we should go with what's been done before.

1) Depart 11:15 a.m. from The Totem Lake Country Buffet.
1a) Depart 11:20 a.m. from Lil' John's in Eastgate.
2) Depart 12:00 p.m. from the SouthCenter northwest parking lot by Nordstrom/Bahama Breeze, where the movie theater used to be.
3) Depart 12:30 p.m. from the I-5 Southbound Fife truck scales.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187