Caravan to VOI 11

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it is early and the snow is up to our a**, But lets all get talking and get things on a roll so come September we are Ready to Roll, We are heading down to Salt Lake and I am sure others will want to come along. Anyone that wants to come with us is Very Welcome.:drive::D:D

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a long 1 day drive from Calgary. I make the drive twice a year in my Hummer on the way to Moab, Utah and New Mexico for some rock crawling.

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be guiding groups of Hummers in Moab at the same time...... Damn!

Once I confirm the Moab dates I'll see if I can make it. I might even have to recruit a driver for my car. Think I'll have any difficulty finding someone?

Greg

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, When I do my fall trip to Moab I usually go in mid September. Twice in the last 4 years I've hit snow in Southern Alberta and Northern Montanna. 3 years ago it was so bad that power lines were down from the snow load. Not a problem in the Hummer. In the Viper that's a different story.

OP
OP
S

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg, I have made it in a day as well, Nice Drive, You better come with us as you know how we looked off of a bike on the Kelowna trip, and we missed you guys too. And I am sure you would give the US boys a run for there money at the track!!!

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I can make it - and I will convoy.

I just LOVE working up a new track and I've heard great things about Miller. Many of you know my friend Doug - he was your classroom instructor at the Calgary Viper Event last summer. He went to Miller last year and claims he had more fun there than on his wedding night. Of course he only says this when his wife isn't around.

BTW, The gentleman who designed Miller also designed the yet to be built track near Rosebud, Alberta.

Damn - I want to take my car for a spin!

Greg

1blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have made the trip form Edmonton to Wendover Nv. (90 miles east of SLC ) in 20 hours door to desk, in the Dually with car hauler in tow 20 hours non stop door to desk, should be much quiker in the Viper !
Count us in !

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know it is early and the snow is up to our a**, But lets all get talking and get things on a roll so come September we are Ready to Roll, We are heading down to Salt Lake and I am sure others will want to come along. Anyone that wants to come with us is Very Welcome.:drive::D:D

SS,
It is never too early to plan a Viper run. As soon as I saw the e-mail from RTTTed I called BREADMAN and told him to mark his calendar. However, our(wife and I) plan is to haul the car(s) down early and have a holiday while we are there. Not sure now though, after our Kelowna excusion, 10 Vipers running through I- 15 to Utah? mighty nice thought.:drive::headbang::D Maybe 30 hooked up by the time we hit Butte? We may have to rethink this........:dunno:

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, When I do my fall trip to Moab I usually go in mid September. Twice in the last 4 years I've hit snow in Southern Alberta and Northern Montanna. 3 years ago it was so bad that power lines were down from the snow load. Not a problem in the Hummer. In the Viper that's a different story.

On that note the holiday idea may be the way to go. Should have my stacker by then. Anyone out there have any good tips on stackers? Maybe I should start a thread.

I am looking for a 26 or 28 ft. with a 6-8 ft. loft, 3 axles, 12'6" total height(10' 6" inside),cabinets in front. I would like a lower roof than the standard 13' 6" so it will not be too much higher than the motor home. All white so it stays cooler in summer. Insulated for same reason and for heating in winter.

BREADMAN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After the Kelowna trip was so great I was hoping for another big run, HSSSSSS (SANDMAN) told me about it the other day and I already booked the time off. Should be a great vacation, probably going to take 2 weeks and tour the southlands. Not sure if we will take them before or after the meet but it sure would be an awsome drive down with everyone.

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Darbgnik,

I know you're out there......

This is the perfect time for a Hummer AND Viper trip. This will be the ultimate gearhead experience!

If anyone out there has a real Hummer or even an H2 or H3 - consider this trip together. I'll be guiding for The Hummer Club International in Moab - which is their premiere event of the year. It's absolutely incredible.

I still need to figure out schedules out but I'll probably haul my car down there with the Hummer. Drop it off somewhere - go to the Hummer event then come back for the Viper event. Then haul everything home.

You can do it Brad!

Greg

OP
OP
S

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to see a nice amount of cars and members that are going, I have lined up 2 others to come with us, They are members but do not frequent the forums. It will be a blast to have all these Snakes touring down I 15, (hopefully no tickets this time) Oh well have to take a bunch of US CASH!!!!!!

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Darbgnik,

I know you're out there......

This is the perfect time for a Hummer AND Viper trip. This will be the ultimate gearhead experience!

If anyone out there has a real Hummer or even an H2 or H3 - consider this trip together. I'll be guiding for The Hummer Club International in Moab - which is their premiere event of the year. It's absolutely incredible.

I still need to figure out schedules out but I'll probably haul my car down there with the Hummer. Drop it off somewhere - go to the Hummer event then come back for the Viper event. Then haul everything home.

You can do it Brad!

Greg

Greg is a bad influence, I just want to get it out there....:firedev:
I think the Hummer can tow the Viper no problem. Believe it or not, I'd bet I would make better time in the Hummer, as I wouldn't be hassled by the local constabulary. I've had nothing but bad luck doing highway trips in the Viper. Been pulled over for doing as little as 10 over. But in my old Dodge pickup I can cruise 40 over unmolested.:dunno:

Definitely worth the planning. I'll have to see about borrowing or renting a car hauler somewheres......:hmmm:

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Hummer can tow the Viper no problem. Believe it or not, I'd bet I would make better time in the Hummer, as I wouldn't be hassled by the local constabulary. I've had nothing but bad luck doing highway trips in the Viper. Been pulled over for doing as little as 10 over. But in my old Dodge pickup I can cruise 40 over unmolested.:dunno:

Definitely worth the planning. I'll have to see about borrowing or renting a car hauler somewheres......:hmmm:

YA BABY!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have the solution;
You drive the hummer and lead the pack. Phylis can drive the Viper. Solved?

Then again, maybe Supersnake should lead:drive:

VIPRRR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like fun, will meet you guys at the border or Great Falls.
We will be coming from Med Hat.

Looking at the Farmers Almanac ( which has been right on this year ) it reads that from Sept 23-25th, sunny in the west,and mild, Sept 26-30 sunny.Oct 01-06, rain. As far as Utah is concerned October is to be drier than normal.

If some of us want to make it a holiday it would probably be best to do the holiday first then the Viper meet.

Fun, Fun, Fun

Attachments

• house and viper 107.jpg
    house and viper 107.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 15

VIPRRR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL!!!!!!!
2010 SHALL ROCK.

To make everyone feel good, my son's friend just bought a new sled for $25,000.00.yup and you can't ride it in the summer, and so now the 88,000.00 I paid for my 08 SSG Viper seems really really cheap. Never think our hobby, habit,or addiction to Vipers is expensive.

Best to all
08 SSG Viper
06 300C SRT-8 (wifes car )
08 escalade (diamond white )

oilpatch has been good ( all my investments are in Estevan )not Stelmachs Russia, he has to go

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I got an email from Paul in Portland and I've been invited to convoy with the Washington Club (like wife and I did to VOI X). I'm not sure, but last year we met at Butte Montana and headed out from there. Probably too many Vipers to travel together as a group with both clubs?

Lets try to book a BLOCK of rooms in the same section instead of getting rooms in different Hotels (Craig's job?).

When we did Detroit we drove 10 hrs a day and stopped for an hour for lunch. We left the Motels about 9-10, after breakfast and we had a laid back trip. With 5-6 cars the size of the group didn't create any problems and we phoned ahead for advance reservations for lunch and Motels.

The trailer guys were in touch by phone but only Joe Christopherson caught up to us each night. The other trailer guys took their time and stayed at different Hotels. The Vipers all travelled with SRX and V1s out front and never got bothered by the Police. Montana I got stopped (before joining the group) and the cop said he thought I was going 95mph (I was only going 85) and I should be careful of Deer on the highway. Kinda weird until I found out that Montana only has speed limits because it's a requirment for Federal funding required for the Interstates. I love Montana. Travelling in the Vipers we seldom cruised less than 80mph while the trailer guys maintained about 60-70mph because of mileage issues. All our Vipers got 20mph(US) to 22mph. Joe's Ford and trailer managed 7mpg. but it was awesome that there was a rescue vehicle in case someone broke down.

It's gonna be a blast!

Ted

TNT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK Terri and I are planning this out and will be attending barring any disaster but we are currently deciding if I am driving down the week before to get some work done at DC performance in Los Angeles. I have to work this very carfully as we are getting Married and Terri says I can`t break the bank at DC....:D

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmm, I was planning on a trip to go there in the spring. Maybe we should head down there together and the wives could fly out later and meet us?

Just another idea. Joe C. said that an LA trip was on his agenda for the future and may want to go as well.

Ted

TNT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ted,
Terri says"/$!%%$//"&&*(??%$$%/$"/ something about just wanting to get rid of the wives.....but I think the trip to DC would be worth the dog house. Three vipers headed for DC and then back to VOI 11 sounds like alot of fun....just might have to risk the wrath of Terri!!!!:omg:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I met Dan Cragin at VOI X and he did seem very knowledgeable. He did the pre-purchase on my last Stealth TT and when I asked JonB if Dan was "one of the Viper Gods" ... he said yes.

I am very particular who touches my car as I've had work done on it by two shops and neither one made any improvment. Mostly I do my own work with the help of Sean Roe and Larry Macedo for most of my advice. Occaissionally I get advice from others (such as a few on these forums).

AS far as Terri goes ... I wasn't trying to get rid of her. I just figured that (like Deana) she'd have to work and might not want to hang around Dan's shop for a week. Please don't tell me she has more tools than you?

Ted

All Blue ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the worst time of the year for me to get off work but I'm thinking maybe I can pull it off....

When is the convoy tenatively thinking of departing/returning? :drive:

Straight drive or tourist-it over 2 days going down and blast back ??? Thoughts.

OP
OP
S

supersnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made it from SLC to Lacombe in 13 Hours in a 99 Dodge Diesel:drive: So in a Viper it should be Quicker, Not sure when leaving, Haven't thought that far ahead, Just wanted to get everybody talking and get something set up for now,We will have to figure out when to go and return. :D:D

Crompton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gonna need to setup a big get together so we can figure it all outr as to dates hotels to book and all that stuff.\plus make sure there are night watch guys in place to prevent the eggs like events from taking place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62