Carbon Fiber builder - wanted

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a company or individual who can make Carbon Fiber components? I need someone that works with carbon fiber on a regular basis.

I am looking to make some custom pieces for my Viper.

Cheers
Jason

OP
OP
G

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
For interior pieces, maybe you can ask these guys to tap in the Viper market:

MAcarbon - Home

For exterior parts, I'm sure Autoform (www.autoformgroup.com), or any body/aero kit company should be able to get it done.

Thanks for the referals!

What I am really after is a company who can replicate parts or create custom parts in carbon fiber. I don't want the company then to market and sell them.

Hope that makes sense?

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jason - For one-off stuff, that'll be a bit expensive.. if it's just wet layed carbon, you should contact a bodyshop or boat repair place. You just need to make a form / mold out of fibreglass, which is usually wrapped onto / around a pattern, whether the pattern is made of wood or whatever, that's a task in itself. Once you have a fibreglass mold, you can use it for a wet lay-up of carbon fibre, and you can probably do this yourself, I can give you some tips. You don't need any special tools for cold wet lays. Most of the task and cost will be making the form and the mold.

The most expensive method is using an autoclave (computer controlled curing and vacuum), pre-preg carbon (expensive stuff since Boeing etc.. is consuming most of the world resources of carbon fibre lately), but no sense talking about that... it's big bucks, which we do at work, you can fit an entire car in our autoclave at work.. and quality molds are made of carbon fire and ren board patterns (very expensive material).

Preg-preg autoclave carbon looks much better than cold wet lay, and wet lay tends to be a bit yellowish, and definitely weaker since it's not compressed under heat & vacuum during the curing process.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang