Carbon Fiber Coating Pictures

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
281carbonfiberblack-med.JPG

281blue_carbon-med.JPG

281carbon2-med.JPG

281carbonfiber1-med.JPG

Call for information on this unique and beautiful process. Anyone that has seen our interiors in person can attest to their magnificant look.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is a process applied to "existing" pieces?
Have you had pieces out in service long enough to see how the durability is (sill covers)?
Thanks

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this is a process applied to "exixting" pieces?
Have you had pieces out in service long enough to see how the durability is (sill covers)?
Thanks

You are correct we use the existing panels.To give you an example we have done many coolant resevoirs including my own.With the extreme underhood temperatures and resevoir temps the coating remains unaffected.this includes every day driving cars.We also stock most panels so we can do most on an exchange basis.Side sills also remain uneffected by in and out foot abuse

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much for a 1996 RT dash panel (including the area around the radio and shifter) and door escutcheons (the area around the door handles)?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm guessing from the name of this thread "Carbon Fiber Coating Pictures" that it's a coating. :rolleyes: :usa:

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
is this real carbon fiber pieces or is it a spray on type application?
This is far from just a spray on process.The process is photogenesis which is the same process you see on new jaquar steering wheels and interiors,the look is layers deep.you can take the stick on kits and multiply the depth by about ten.this is permanent,has no seams and covers the entire piece.It is avail in standard black/gray,Red/blue/yellow. The red/blue/yellow are not an exact match to the colors of our cars but do look great to offset the colors.To give you an idea of the look,I had the real carbon fiber sill covers and removed them to have everything coated for the depth.Down side on real carbon fiber pieces is that they crack when made thin.these pieces are coated with an unbelievable depth giving it strength and durability.This in my opinion is one of the best cosmetic upgrades you can do to your viper.Whenever anyone looks into my cars or the cars we have done there jaws drop immediatly when they see this stough as it gives a very elegant and racey(lack of better words)look.Feel free to call,PM or email us for an estimate on the pieces you wish to coat.As with anything else we offer we have an unconditional money back gaurantee.If you recieve your parts and do not like the look we will refund 100% of your money and keep your original parts.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What is Photogenesis? Photogenesis, sometimes called HydroGraphics, is a process than can decorate any kind of hard-surfaced, non-porous part, such as plastic or metal, and make it look like a variety of finishes, such as wood grains, carbon fibers, camouflage, or brushed aluminums in many colors.

How does it work? We take the part in question, and spray it in the desired base color (for rosewood, reddish-brown, for carbon fiber, black). The pattern itself, whatever the pattern may be (straight-grained or burled wood, carbon fiber, brushed aluminum) is printed on a thin, water-soluble film. We cut a piece of the film that will be big enough to envelope the part in question, then lay the film on the surface of water floating in a specialized stainless steel tank. A chemical is sprayed on the film that dissolves film, leaving just the ink pattern floating on the surface of the water. Then the part is dipped in the water slowly, and it picks up the pattern, much like an Easter egg. The last step is to spray a high gloss clear coat on the part to give it depth and shine. You are left with a part that looks like it came from the factory in a wood grain, carbon fiber, or whatever finish you choose. No appreciable thickness is added to the part. There is no film to peel off. This is the same process used by the OEMs right now to achieve the wood grain and carbon fiber finishes in their vehicles

I will be calling soon Scott! I like what you have done!

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is Photogenesis? Photogenesis, sometimes called HydroGraphics, is a process than can decorate any kind of hard-surfaced, non-porous part, such as plastic or metal, and make it look like a variety of finishes, such as wood grains, carbon fibers, camouflage, or brushed aluminums in many colors.

How does it work? We take the part in question, and spray it in the desired base color (for rosewood, reddish-brown, for carbon fiber, black). The pattern itself, whatever the pattern may be (straight-grained or burled wood, carbon fiber, brushed aluminum) is printed on a thin, water-soluble film. We cut a piece of the film that will be big enough to envelope the part in question, then lay the film on the surface of water floating in a specialized stainless steel tank. A chemical is sprayed on the film that dissolves film, leaving just the ink pattern floating on the surface of the water. Then the part is dipped in the water slowly, and it picks up the pattern, much like an Easter egg. The last step is to spray a high gloss clear coat on the part to give it depth and shine. You are left with a part that looks like it came from the factory in a wood grain, carbon fiber, or whatever finish you choose. No appreciable thickness is added to the part. There is no film to peel off. This is the same process used by the OEMs right now to achieve the wood grain and carbon fiber finishes in their vehicles

I will be calling soon Scott! I like what you have done!

Exactly the only difference here is that we apply litterally 20-25 coats of clear to give an unbelievable depth

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I want to decorate the interior. Scott seems to do a wonderful job at this!!! I like his interiors much better than anyone's I've seen. It can be simple to wild. I prefer the simple carbon fiber look and the idea of trading parts.

RedSnakeGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i thought this was real carbon fiber.... correct me if i am wrong, and i didnt interpret the steps correctly

OP
OP
V

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much more expensive would real carbon fiber be?

Many of our products are 100% carbon fiber.These products are for a asthetic value and to make the entire piece out of carbon fiber would not be cost effective,you could multiply the cost of this coating by ten to do C.F pieces.As the weight savings would be minimal and the aerodynamics do not come into play on these pieces not to mention this looks unbelievably superior to the actual C.F panels

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much more expensive would real carbon fiber be?

Mucho, mucho more $$$$$$$!

i thought this was real carbon fiber.... correct me if i am wrong, and i didnt interpret the steps correctly
It's faux CF. It's a CF "look". Kinda like someone posted, like dipping an Easter egg, CF "decorating". Real CF is laid up in sheets like fiberglass and formed with heat and great pressure. An entire piece of any given CF piece if very lightweight and fairly strong.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude