Carbon fiber film

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think of covering my center console and the area around my gauges in this carbon fiber film?Think it'll look good or cheesey? maybe also my sub enclosure when i build it. Ive seen the film in person and actually looks really nice, its kinda textured

http://www.stickercity.com/carbon-fiber/

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What do you guys think of covering my center console and the area around my gauges in this carbon fiber film?Think it'll look good or cheesey? maybe also my sub enclosure when i build it. Ive seen the film in person and actually looks really nice, its kinda textured

http://www.stickercity.com/carbon-fiber/

it'll look cheesy as hell!!! why not just skin with real cf or have it dipped (water ink transfer), they come out really nice!!!

OP
OP
A

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok ok lol. . i actually got the idea from a c6 z06 that wrapped some interior parts in it. Looked better than the hydro carbon. . guess ill continue my search for a decent cf interior trim kit

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey AP
For ****s and giggles if you actually wanted to try this I have a spare dash sitting in my basement for a gen 2. Won't hurt to do it to a spare dash.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to try some myself. Do a search because there are cheaper suppliers of the 3m brand.

I've been experimenting with wrapping/skinning stuff with real cf and resin. I worked out my bugs and I think I finally got it (with small non-sophisticated parts). I bought a cf starter kit on ebay that included everything. The end result is so much nicer than the fake crap and since you're doing it strictly for looks skinning is the way to go...

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It only makes sense if a vendor created real carbon fiber interior pieces for Gen I and II cars. You can tell all film, spray ons and even skins from the real deal. Real CF pieces would be great.

OP
OP
A

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya I found a real carbon fiber kit on ebay but idk how the quality is going to be

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never seen real carbon components for gen 1 or 2 Vipers. Carbon fiber appliques, film or skins are NOT real carbon fiber components.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If I ever decide to go carbon fiber in my GTS ,I'd ask friend of mine who built many custom projects to pull a mold from the OEM pieces and make dash/console entirely made of carbon fiber.When I look at carbon fiber pieces in another friend's Maranello,no way I'd put fake sheet over OEM components.If I lived closer to KNG SNKE, I'd make a deal with him on his dash.

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I almost made the mistake of buying a similar kit, don't do it, looks like CHEESY crap and you can definitely tell it's a sticker, however for those that are saying they can tell the difference between real cf and skinning with real cf How??? Skinning with real cf (is real cf)!! just using the factor oem parts instead of making a whole other part, keep in mind this is strictly for cosmetics. Skinning with real CF is the way to go and there's no way you can tell unless you look at the part from the back side...

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disturbed currently makes CF consoles and I believe is working on knee bosters. Door panels are supposed to follow.

WDW MKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if he's a sponsor. Just looked for Disturbed01 (I think) on here or the Alley.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreatWhiteKAC