Carbon Vipair Hood Review

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is kind of a re post from an SRT thread I started but Vipair needs some vendor reviews so here is my experience with them. At the bottom you will see many detailed pics showing quality of finish and gap tolerances.

And first I want to start off by saying dealing with Steve was a true pleasure. Steve is easy to talk to and has been prompt to answer any questions I had even after the sale:2tu:

I took some time to drive my car and spend some time with her today. And I must say the Vipair hood really is a nice product. To me the car just looks sooo much more aggressive now and before I thought the rear of the car was the best view. Now I love the front angle views best.

I am pretty sure lowering the car 1.5" helps the look. It seems to make the hood look even more aggressive by how you are looking down on those big beautiful vents from any view and the raised cowl looks huge like it can **** up birds, cats, or small children if they get to close.

The hood vent mesh grilles are also very good quality. They are surprisingly strong and removal and reattachment is very easy with simple Phillips head screws. And they aren't just flat mesh they are actually **** up and protrude out of the vents for a nice 3 dimensional look. And the grilles are easily paint able so you can custom match them to your car(I painted mine charcoal metallic to match my stripes and wheels)

As far as fitment and quality of hood. It takes some priming and blocking time to get her slick and get rid of the wavy look. And the hood is a little narrower than the factory Gen3 hood. This is more than likely due to the drying process after molding so you will have to loosen your fender bolts and push your fenders in to get the gap you want. In my case my right fender did not slide far enough so I had to slot my fender holes to make her look just right. And I had to loosen the hood hinges and slide them forward to get the gap I wanted meeting the front bumper.

But overall I highly recommend the hood to anyone looking for the ********** Viper look. The quality is up there or better than any aftermarket hood I have ever fitted before(especially most aftermarket vette hoods). But if you are looking for a hood you can just bolt on and go with minimal effort then you should look at the OEM 08' hood.

So my final verdict is I love the hood and would buy it again in a heart beat:2tu::headbang:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice write up and pics

could you post one from the driver's perspective (sitting in the driver's seat looking out over the hood)?

thanks

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dang it I almost snapped one of that view too:rolaugh:. I will get a pic of that angle first thing in the morning and post it here:2tu:

ZO6KLR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hood looks good. Don't care too much for the grilles. Reminds me of chicken wire. I like the colors though.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to take pics of the hood on my car in raw carbon when I was pre fitting it. Wish I had it look good but IMO not as good as color matched:dunno:. In the raw carbon you lose some of the aggressive lines with all the carbon weave activity.

Here are the pics from inside I promised the first view is from drivers position and the second is from the visor as high as I could get inside.

As you can see the cowl in the center is pretty tall. It gives the driver the muscle car feel.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow sweeeeet hood!

I cleaned up your thread, hope that was ok with you guys:) Apologize if I had to take out a few posts in order to remove quotes.

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Leslie. You are now my favorite Moderator:);) And this is why I love this forum the mods actually care about their members:2tu::headbang:

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, thanks, Leslie. There's a thread in the SRT10 discussion forum you might want to do your majic with. It won't be hard to find.

Bob

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hood for sure looks awesome. I too love the aggressiveness of the hood. Especially the functional cowl. That is one extra positive about this one compared to the OEM is the cowl goes right into the air filters. The OEM one does not line up to the filters.

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am glad you had a nice experience with Steve at Vipair. I did not. I ordered some carbon fiber door sill covers. After three weeks they never showed up. I called him. He said he just sent them out. Another week passed and he said he would return my paypal money (didn't send them out as said.) Two days later he said he found a pair and is sending them out right away. Two weeks later I called and left him a message. Did not receive. Finally I had to open a dispute with paypal. What is it with this guy?

OP
OP
B

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am glad you had a nice experience with Steve at Vipair. I did not. I ordered some carbon fiber door sill covers. After three weeks they never showed up. I called him. He said he just sent them out. Another week passed and he said he would return my paypal money (didn't send them out as said.) Two days later he said he found a pair and is sending them out right away. Two weeks later I called and left him a message. Did not receive. Finally I had to open a dispute with paypal. What is it with this guy?

Holly Cow I am sorry to hear this. Steve was great when I dealt with him but it seems there are always exceptions with every vendor. For instance I just bought a set of spring caps off ebay from Micheal (XVipers probably the most complained about vendor ever) and the minute I paid for them he was giving me a follow up phone call to just check in and see if I needed anything else and the phone call turned into a 15 minute call about cars and was actually quite fun to just chat with the guy. So some venders may get some bad reviews but they also get good reviews so its the luck of the draw I guess. SO all I can do is stand behind my experience with Steve and say he is ok from my stand point and I hope it all works out for you:2tu:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235