carfax anyone

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing some investigation into my recent SRT Ram purchase as some red flags are starting to fly. Does anyone have an open carfax account?

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, I trusted the dealer and it bit me in various ways. I ran it last night. Thanks for the offer. I'd delete this thread but couldnt find a way to do so.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carfax and a friend at a dealer are two of a used car buyers best friends. I am currently upfleeting my rental fleet for summer and am buying 20-50 cars per week. I run carfax on every car before I even start bidding on it. If I have time I run the vin at a dealership. I could not imagine buying anycar without it.

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right, I thought the dealers word (sometimes posts on this forum) would work as it has with Bill P at Woodhouse. I guess I was wrong...way wrong.

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
blew a rod on the dyno, rather not say at this point but it was a dealer in the southeast part of the country that sold it to me, no.

The truck had nitrous/propane on it before the Paxton. I wasnt told about the nitrous/propane before I bought it from this southeast us dealership and never told that the Paxton never got a tune, just installed and that was it.

I brought the truck to a well respected and reputable dealership to look
things over like A/F and install/upgrade the clutch/flywheel. They discovered the truck could only attain 6 psi of boost instead of the standard 8.

My current dealership (not the one in the southeast) pressure tested the system for leaks and found several (including 2 before the throttle body that had 2 bolts plugging them up).

Anyway, after fixing the leaks the truck was put back on the dyno to see what the new numbers would be. The A/F was within Paxton specs at the time. At 4800 rpm the rod (#2 cylinder) punched or exited the block.

Its my feeling that the nitrous/propane injection (amounts unknown) and/or the lack of a tune on the Paxton (despite its supposed plug and play) had something to do with the eventual demise of the motor, nothing else.

Just wanted to clerify myself since it may have confused the reader (it did me after I re-read it).

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So are you going to go after the dealer for the engine repair? I would. Buying a new engine will run over $10K won't it?

OP
OP
D

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your right, I thought the dealers word (sometimes posts on this forum) would work as it has with Bill P at Woodhouse. I guess I was wrong...way wrong.

I want to clerify Bill Pembertons word is as good as gold and I am not referring to him as the guilty dealer. The other dealership is the one I was comparing Bills word against and they (the other dealership) let me down. I've known Bill for many years and have purchased several vehicles from him. Him and his son (I bought an '05 Xterra from him) are the tops in my book. Thanks Bill!!