Carlisle Chrysler Nationals, July 11-13, 2014

Bryan Savage

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anyone going to this? I've never been to one before, but was asked a few times at the last meet if I was going.

Turns out I'm free that weekend, and I hear through the grapevine that there's a VCA area there.

I don't know about anyone else, the the forums are my primary way of coordinating meetings and such. If anyone else from here is going, post up! I don't want to be the only one out there because I screwed it up...

Official Website

I bought a ticket thing for the "Showfield", but I won't be able to be there on Friday, due to work. I'll come on down Saturday and Sunday though. Score!!

rockit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's always a bunch of cars. I'm planning to attend, work permitting. Not sure if I bring one of the vipers or some old muscle. That's as far as I have planned.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bryan,

I am working on getting a caravan lined up for the VA/MD crew for Saturday. There is a VIper corral that is open to all Viper owners. Members outside host region will need to pay for lunch. We planned on trying to take care of lunch portion for VCA members to give back dues to members.

OP
OP
B

Bryan Savage

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bryan,

I am working on getting a caravan lined up for the VA/MD crew for Saturday. There is a VIper corral that is open to all Viper owners. Members outside host region will need to pay for lunch. We planned on trying to take care of lunch portion for VCA members to give back dues to members.

Doors open at seven o'clock a.m. What time is the convoy, and where will it take off from?

I like convoys. I will get my Coors mesh-back hat and ruler-print suspenders!!!

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meeting in Frederick and headed up 70 to 81. We probably won't arrive there until 8:30 or so in Carlisle. Not sure if you could meet us along the way, I suppose it depends on where you are coming from.

OP
OP
B

Bryan Savage

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Meeting in Frederick and headed up 70 to 81. We probably won't arrive there until 8:30 or so in Carlisle. Not sure if you could meet us along the way, I suppose it depends on where you are coming from.

I'm coming from just as far away, but from the North, so I shall not be joining your convoy.

But I'll see you cats there!

OP
OP
B

Bryan Savage

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What a sweltering couple days at the show. I just got back, and was there all day yesterday and some of the day today.

Dodge was there doing some owner profiles for the internet, and I got chosen for an interview. Not sure how long they take to post, but on Dodge's Twitter feed, I found they also did a profile of Dave!!!

2013 Stryker Red GTS

I may have just been in the right place at the right time, but I ended up winning a "Celebrity's Choice" award for uhhhh being there, I guess.

You must be registered for see images attach

A really nice guy approached me on a golf cart and said he loved the colour and wanted to give me this award. I guess that's what happens if you stay until later in the day!

Ralph was also there, of course, charming as always, signing whatever you handed him, so I got the ol' engine cover signed.

I wish they'd colour-matched the engine covers to the exterior colour...

Anyway, this was my first Carlisle show, and it was really great! Met some great people, ate some tasty food, saw a bajillion dollars' worth of classic muscle, and saw the Hellcat in Sublime Metallic with the Brass Monkeys. I want one.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph and Doris drove the Hellcat to the show and were leaving from there and taking the car to Mosport for the Tudor series race. I thought the color was beautiful. Really love the pearl effect and metal flakes in the paint.

markk

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'd love to see the new 2015 Challenger Hellcat with 707 HP. That's pretty insane given the Viper *only* has 640.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper