Carolinas Region Tech Day - Pre-Viper Days at VIR - THIS SATURDAY

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This coming Saturday, the Carolinas VCA will be sponsoring their annual pre-Viper Days Tech Session Day in Raleigh NC.

The festivities will begin at 11 AM and Tom Sessions, Tech Inspector for Viper Days will be on hand to pre-tech your car, discuss track safe and Viper friendly options, mods, hints and tips.

Viper Days has graciously offered 1/2 off coupons for Carolinas Region rookies, and will continue to offer significant discounts for VCA members. Viper Days at VIR is only 3 weeks away (is this possible??? I still have so much to do!) and you NEED to be ready. We will also be discussing the many non-driving options available for those that are not ready to put their cars on the track - but maintenance applies to all Viper owners.

Lunch will be provided and there will be other prizes and giveaways for the attendees.

All Carolinas Region members are welcome, as are Viper owners in the Carolinas and any other VCA member - worldwide!

For directions, and sign up - please contact Debbie Cade - at [email protected] or call 919.388.9309

It's gonna be a great time!

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Janni,

I wish I was closer, I can't wait for V.I.R. The brake ducts have been installed so I am ready for that track(I think :crazy: ). Are you ever ready to be going 150MPH over the top of a hill that you can't see the bottom of until is too late? Thank god for corner workers. It still takes some getting used to the fact that they have their back to you as you approach at 150. See you at the track. As always thanks for yours and Henry's help.

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,
Glad to hear that the ducts are on and you are ready - always a pleasure to see you. We got the car cleaned up last weekend, have some more graphics to apply.... also trying to get a little better corner weighting done for this event and maybe STILL taking some camber out of the rear. Since this is the track that Henry has had the most time on, it'll be interesting to get his thoughts on the new car. Last year on Friday he ran some really good times and the GTS was pretty dialed in - hope we can get that close with the Comp Coupe.

Tom,
Yes - you NEED to get ready. There's a big opportunity for you to do well in GT1 this year - but you have to get your butt out on the track - no excuses! We have the setup sheets in your stuff that worked pretty well for VIR and you'll ABSOLUTELY LOVE going through the high speed esses in that car - Henry said that there was nothing like it. I still have your shirt and I'll either send it or bring it to VIR - your choice - just been slammed busy with work, dogs, racing, etc. Looking forward to seeing you and the #53 out on the track again.

And PS - for any of you still reading...

SRT-10s can participate in Viper Days - hardtop or rollbar required. HOWEVER, Viper Days has a couple of Autoform hardtops that they will loan you FOR FREE to allow you to get your amazing car out on the track. Topsare first come, first serve, so sign up early and experience your car in it's natural habitat, learn to drive it better, safer, faster than ever before, and truly appreciate what a great machine that Dodge engineered. Eye doctors will be on hand to put your eyeballs back in the sockets from the awesome braking ability. ;)

This will be a premier event - and with a new local sponsor on board - you'll have opportunities to see some new cars on the grounds of VIR, test drive them, and maybe come home with a new toy!

Viper Days will also be sponsoring a car show on Saturday with prizes / trophies for each Generation Vipers. Carolinas Region VCA members will also be treated to a luncheon with guest Bobby Archer joining us to answer questions about staying safe, going faster and making your Viper handle better. Also, during lunch, low speed drivearounds will be offered so that you can tour the gorgeous 3.7 mile track in your Viper or street car and see just how incredible it is - with the esses, the HUGE long back straight and the famous Oak Tree turn.

Lastly, for those folks that are not interested in tracking their car - remember that with folks like Archer Racing Accessories and Bobby Archer Motorsports on site, you have immediate access (read - NO SHIPPING CHARGES) to a huge selection of parts and upgrades for all year Vipers. Installation is available on site. Viper Days is the usually the largest gatering of vipers outside of a VOI - so chances are, if you want to hear an exhaust combo, or ask some questions, it can be done at Viper Days.

Vipera Russelli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you ever ready to be going 150MPH over the top of a hill that you can't see the bottom of until is too late?
Steve, do you really fly over that blind hill on the back straight at 150 mph? If you do, do you sell tickets? Hehe. I've hit 140 on the back straight (before holding myself back) but was on the brakes before hitting that hill crest. How fast can one hit that hill crest without leaving the ground, or is that not a limiting factor?

This will be a premier event - and with a new local sponsor on board - you'll have opportunities to see some new cars on the grounds of VIR, test drive them, and maybe come home with a new toy!
Janni, can you elaborate on what you're talking about? New local sponsor? What new cars? Test drive on the track?

I'm getting excited now!

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hendrick Dodge has come on board as a sponsor to ViperDays and the Viper Racing League at VIR. They will be attending both days and bringing a variety of vehicles for your viewing pleasure. Test drives can be arranged around the VIR property - although not test drives on track for obvious reasons.... They will not be strictly limited to bringing Dodge vehicles (although I'd expect to see a new Charger, etc.) as they represent a wide variety of automobile manufacturers. If there is something you'd like to see - give Skip a call and he'll pass that along!

There will also be some VERY COOL auction items at this event in support of the Hendrick Bone Marrow organization- so bring your checkbooks for some SIGNED memorabilia.

Topawam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't wait to experience this track. I am a bit concerned about the brakes, Is this track more challenging than Sebring on breaking? Anybody knows where I could find some "in car" video to learn this VIR...
Thanks

OP
OP
Janni

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VIR isn't particularly ******* brakes - there are long straights in which to cool them off - not like a Gingerman or Carolina Motorsports Park - those tracks are CRAZY.

When we were running our Super Stock GTS's - we would never use an entire pair of fronts at VIR.

It's gonna be a GREAT time!