Cat-back Exhaust for a 95 rt/10

Doug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anybody put this catback system on. how does it sound? what kind of gains do you get? the system is from btr performance. (belanger's catback) thanks

95Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really depends on the rest of your setup. If everything else is stock on a 95, don't waste your money...just replace the cat with a highflow or straight pipe.

Now, if you get into headers and a true 3" all the way out (meaning you won't use stock flex pipe before cat) you can consider this.

Brian 95 RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm still searching for an exhaust system, too. I hear so many conflicting views, you don't know who to believe. My '95 is stock and I don't plan on getting headers. I would like high flow cats & mufflers, cats & no mufflers, or mufflers & no cats in some combination. I was leaning towards Roe's high flow cats & mufflers, which is direct bolt-on for the 95. Some people say it's loud, others say it's louder than stock but not that loud. Guess I'll keep searching!

Bandit3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Motor city 95--- aftermarket co's offer a stainless flex pipe, the flex section only, in different lenghts and diameters. I just redid my side exhaust using these. If anyone would like, I can supply the name of the co here in GA that sells them. John

XS TORQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I first bought my 94, I swapped the stock mufflers for some inexpensive free-flow mufflers. HUGE difference in sound, and got rid of the heat in the side sills. I took the suggestion of many on the old VCA board and put glass packs (yep, that's right) and used those for 5 years and 30k miles until I got headers and complete 3" exhaust. It was like a couple hundred $ total including installation. The stock Gen I mufflers have so much backpressure that they rob horsepower, and retain a ton of heat. Do a before and after dyno, and I bet you would be surprised.
I have some 3" in and out Dynomax that will fit in the sidesills if anyone is interested.
Complete cat-back from Roe, with free-flow cats would make a huge difference.

OP
OP
D

Doug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. i'll keep looking.

xs torq, how much do you want for the dynomax?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My near stock 1994 RT/10 with stock exhaust manifolds no cats, and straight through 2.5" DynoMax mufflers had a 12.12 best ET... (with a slow 60' time..!)

<font color="red">Just Do It</font>

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte