CC shorty exhaust

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After my first race a few weeks ago in my CC the tech folks came over and told me I was coming down the straight at Thunderhill raceway blowing 109.8 db's! They said I could that day but unless I did something I could no longer run there.(limit is 103db's.) Dodge has said the shorty exhaust is actually quieter than the Corsa- I already have all of the '06 WC parts on the car with the exception of this exhaust so I might as well make it complete. Has anyone modified their car that way? Any tricks or short cuts they care to share about an install? I get all the new part next week. Brian #64

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what i hear pretty straight forward about putting them on. You might ask HQ about baffles also. The shorty exhaust is actually not as quiet as regular exhaust.

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting, I spoke with them and they said that it was quieter than the standard Corsa exhaust, which is why I bought it! I will give Steve a call back and ask about the baffles. Thanks for the input.

Gavin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just finished installing the 48" long CC mufflers from Corsa - 3 inch inlet and exit, muffler itself has a 5 inch diameter. Fits on my GTS very nicely with the exit right at the end of the side sill. Yet to get the car to the track but frankly it sounds much quieter than my 96 Venom GTS
Will let you know the decibels once I've tracked it.

OP
OP
C

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FYI, I ran last weekend with the shorty Corsa exhaust and headers. I was told I was under the 103 limit! My crew said it sounded like a different car, so I guess Dodge/Corsa folks were right. I know this had to save 30 plus pounds, and am told it makes around 8 more h.p. but I could not tell any difference. Thought I would close this tread with the results.