CENTER CONSOLE

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
01 RT IO AFTER A SUMMER OF NO TOP ON I PUT THE SOFT TOP ON SQUEEZED MY VERY LARGE *** IN AND CRACKED THE CENTER CONSOLE WITH MY ELBOW .where do i buy a black replacement...............da rev

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch - gotta be careful.

we hear this story all the time.

the center console is NOT very strong, and you can not let anyone sit on it for a parade, whatever.

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry, but I can't stop laughing.

I'd call two people, Chuck Tator @ Tator's Dodge and Jon B @ PartsRack (he sells used stuff).

good luck.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wasn't there a trick where you take the center console out and place a block of wood in that space so it doesn't happen again?

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Try Scharf Automotive in Eagle River, Wi. They have just about everything you will ever need at a reasonable price. Phone: 715-479-8597

Reaction score
The area UNDER the console where you normally rest your arm is EMPTY. There is enough room for a piece of wood that will act as a support so the console does not cave in. :)

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whats the block of wood trick?

If you take the center console off, you'll see a big hollow space next to the ebrake. That's where you crack the center console if you put too much pressure on it. (Someone actually has a kit where you drill out that space and make it into a cupholder.)

But the wood block trick is that you cut out a wood block that fills that space vertically, then re-install the center console. Now you can put as much pressure on there as you want... the wood keeps it from cracking.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The area UNDER the console where you normally rest your arm is EMPTY. There is enough room for a piece of wood that will act as a support so the console does not cave in. :)

Sssssshiiiiiiiiit.
Now you tell me. I did the one were you smacked yourself in the face with a block of wood because you cracked your own center consul. :bonker:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I did end up replacing the center consul, but I used the block again too support the new one.

Anybody that hasn't cracked there's yet should do this. IMO

santo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does anyone know how big the wood should be? I managed to tear mine a little but it's still in one piece.

Thanks in advance,
Santo

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
holy cow, glad I learnt about this today. I lean my weight on the console to adjust the passenger side view mirror some times. Good I didn't crack it. Will not do that anymore.

OP
OP
R

roofum

Enthusiast
Reaction score
eye dated jenny craigs sister bertha (butt) .she owned a couple of waffles houses .that is where jenny devised her menu. denny your a funny guy