Center Dash Panel Crack

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a bulge and two cracks in the center dash panel of my 03. The bulge is between the two bottom gauges and the cracks are at the top and bottom of the bulge. All this can kinda be seen in the following pics:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I am going to install some dynaliner under the center console to mitigate the heat I get from the area around the shifter. I figured I should probably replace this panel at the same time. Before I do...
1. Is this normal? If so, why does it happen?
2. Does anyone have a replacement I can take off their hands? This may be a dumb question, but I think some people buy aftermarket replacements and might be willing to part with a stocker.
3. I would like to replace the bolts that hold this piece on as they look old and corroded. Does anyone know the part number?

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have never seen this happen before.Gotta be related to heat, but new to me.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced my GenIV bezels and have my stockers in a box. Not sure if they fit the Gen3, I wasn't thinking to sell, but if you have a need maybe I would. Not sure what they are worth ...

OP
OP
B

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bizump! Ok, so I guess this was either related to heat or a hasty stereo installation. Either way, can anyone help me out with the other two questions. Does anyone have a spare to spare, and does anyone know how I can track down some replacement bolts?

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If i were you, i would change it out with the carbon fiber dash and console. I had that on my previous Viper and it was sharp. Nothing special about those dash bolts, take a walk into ace hardware with a bolt and they will line you up. Its pretty crazy what that place has come up with for me. Might not be home depot, but usually they know where and what the hell your talking about.

OP
OP
B

Barrels

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If i were you, i would change it out with the carbon fiber dash and console. I had that on my previous Viper and it was sharp. Nothing special about those dash bolts, take a walk into ace hardware with a bolt and they will line you up. Its pretty crazy what that place has come up with for me. Might not be home depot, but usually they know where and what the hell your talking about.

Thanks for the advice, but I want to keep the stock look. I was hoping that someone who made the switch would have a stock unit taking up space in their garage that I could buy off of them...any takers?

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, but I want to keep the stock look. I was hoping that someone who made the switch would have a stock unit taking up space in their garage that I could buy off of them...any takers?

If we can confirm gen3 and gen4 comparability I have a set from my conversion to TF ones.

Reaction score
I have never seen this happen either, you may find something from the stereo install smashed under the panel between those 2 bolts. You may want to buy the after market Mopar panels if no one wants to part with their take outs, they are a TON cheaper then the factory ones are.