Center subwoofer and speaker not working??

HLANDIS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2008 srt-10 conv. for some reason the center speakers between the seats are not working. All other speakers work fine (other than quality!) does anyone know if there is a switch to turn on/off the center speakers? if not any ideas why only the center sub and speaker will not work? Seems odd that others work and those don't. Thanks in advance!

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my '08 used, and the center speaker was unhooked since the previous owner had a 10" sub in the hatch.

You might check to make sure it is still hooked up. From what I've read on here, many owners don't particularly care for that speaker's performance, or lack thereof.

Oh, and it is only a subwoofer...the top hole is a port. A very funky looking port, but a port none-the-less.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is no switch to disable the woofer. And yes, there is only one sub. The other is just a passive radiator. Assuming you are the original owner and no mods have been made, first check the head unit output, amp output under the seat, then the connection/output at the sub.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had this happen in an aftermarket stereo install. If for some reason you have a wired in aftermarket harness or an adapter harness, the pins should be +--+ for left and right, and not the +-+- convention when looking at the pins on the adapter.

If the other convention is used, the center speaker adds both left and right together. This wiring convention means there would be a polarity reversal on the passenger side and would leave you with a resultant 0 amplitude wave.

Long shot, but I've had this exact problem and that was my issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang