Charger Hellcat too

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat! The most powerful, quickest and fastest sedan: 1/4 Mile 11.0 seconds, 204 mph top speed, A supercharged 6.2-liter HEMI V8 pumps out 707 horsepower and 650 lb.-ft. of twist, matted to a 8-speed transmission.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. Right. A four door muscle car is going to take sales away from a two door road racer. Not. It is another great product release by Dodge. Go Dodge!! Congrats Team SRT for puting it together. Let the garage expansion planning begin. LOL.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed, not sure why this keeps coming up... Way different markets, if anything this should (I hope) drive Viper sales up, more people looking at (and talking about) wicked fast products makes them notice the Viper... Go in for a hellcat, come out with a real car... (but let;'s be honest, a 100k car is a stretch for a dude looking at a 60k car)...

One can hope... But no one goes "hey I wanna go get a Viper" then goes to a showroom and says "oh yea, this car that costs half as much, weighs twice as much is much more up my alley."
Don't see it.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bring back the Demon with a Hellcat driveline and OMFG...Not liking the Charger (sic) design at all. Never really did. Challenger is a home run. Charger...an epic design fail.

OP
OP
S

sunsalem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
but let;'s be honest, a 100k car is a stretch for a dude looking at a 60k car)...
One can hope... But no one goes "hey I wanna go get a Viper" then goes to a showroom and says "oh yea, this car that costs half as much, weighs twice as much is much more up my alley."
Don't see it.
Gotta agree.

The SRT Charger has been a hit.
A lot of guys found out getting WAF for a 4 door sedan was waaaay easier than for a coupe.

Bring back the Demon with a Hellcat driveline and OMFG.
The Demon was a very small car.
I doubt it would have handled it.

jman2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
perhaps dodge will come out with a viper called "THE RATTLER" and it will surpass all !!!
i cant even drive all my 500hp, i cant imagine 707hp....
But a cool name always help with publicity...

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that *****. :crazy2:

As a Challenger guy (have an 09 SRT8), I think this makes the Challenger less special (with any motor) as they offer a parallel in their 4-door version.
I think they should only rock the hellcat in the 'real retro-muscle car', not offer it in every platform that it fits in. -Next will be the Jeep, then the 300.....

Agree with the other guys that say Viper and Challenger are two different segments of car and buyer. -Although some of us have both.
707 HP challenger has not much to do with 640HP Viper. 2 completely different cars.

Viper is still pre-eminent halo super car.
Challenger is now a really cool sibling.

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nations new Highway Patrol Interceptor was born today....The meetings in the police fleet offices will start tomorrow.But,you can bet, only Lieutenants and above will rate one...

OP
OP
S

sunsalem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
perhaps dodge will come out with a viper called "THE RATTLER" and it will surpass all !!!
i cant even drive all my 500hp, i cant imagine 707hp....
But a cool name always help with publicity...
Diamondback?

-Next will be the Jeep
I had a G1 Jeep GC SRT.
Tremendous amount of fun to drive (I think I still hold the land speed record for crossing The Cascades in a SUV :D)

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great job SRT and I will have one on order with my local dealer in Blue as soon as its available. Trade in the old one. You Tube this awesome car.

pathoguy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah. Right. A four door muscle car is going to take sales away from a two door road racer. Not

Not that folk are going to buy the charger/challenger instead of the viper, but it hurts the viper's halo status which could move buyers away from the viper toward an alternative sports car. The viper must have more hp than its cousins....it's a perception thing.......... bragging rights......call it what you like.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Bring back the Demon with a Hellcat driveline and OMFG...Not liking the Charger (sic) design at all. Never really did. Challenger is a home run. Charger...an epic design fail.

They ruined the Charger look all over again, lol. It's a (new) Dart front end with a Charger rear. It just doesn't have anything to do with a classic Charger anymore. No body lines/grilles/tails in common, not to mention the old one was never a 4 door.

I do have a 5.7 Hemi swapped into my 67 Dart though, so this supercharger keeps tempting me to no end. I've seen some pretty ridiculous boost builds go into the old A bodies.

Free2go

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A 200 mph 707 hp four door sedan ain't gonna languish on the showroom floor for very long. People are gonna buy them all. There are LOTS of people out there that want performance like that and still load up the kids to take them to school. This is awesome.

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So where was this when I was.in my M5 phase?Awesome. One thing I find interesting is the intro. The guy talks about their incredible redefining cars and mentions several, and no mention of the viper at all. To me, how do you intro with your incredible hell cat and Dart, etc and not mention your supposed halo car ...unless of course it's not your halo car. In other news, people still say to me at gas stations, Shame they don't still make vipers.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, everybody 2 doors, the Challenger has 2 doors. The Charger has 4 doors . Ether way at 4500lbs, its a tank, a fast tank, but no Viper.

Last edited:

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, I want a HellSnake now to complete the trio :)

LOL thats actually cool if they gave the Viper's V10 the "Hell" treatment. A 800-907hp HellSerpent or whatever....

Two very cool additions in the SRT lineup....Interesting that the Hell Charger is faster than even the unrestricted big dog AMG saloon...Now that is bragging rights. Sadly I'm just not overly fond of the way the Charger looks...Love the Challenger Hellcat though. Would have loved to see a 300c SRT8 Hell version. Now thats a good looking sedan.

Interesting the Hellcat equipped cars are right there with the Viper in top speed and 1/4. In the past you would need one of the Euro sedans to come "close" to the Viper in both catagories. These two are neck and neck with the Viper well at least to the 1/4 and maybe a few 10's of miles after that. I'm sure the snake gets to its top speed before both Hellspawns.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sunsalem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, I want a HellSnake now to complete the trio :)
Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner!
Hellsnake! :cool:

To me, how do you intro with your incredible hell cat and Dart, etc and not mention your supposed halo car ...unless of course it's not your halo car.
I think it means one of two things: the Viper is dead or a "Hellsnake" is on the way.;)

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any data to back that opinion? If you were in the market for a Gen5, would it really cause you to go elsewhere?

Not that folk are going to buy the charger/challenger instead of the viper, but it hurts the viper's halo status which could move buyers away from the viper toward an alternative sports car. The viper must have more hp than its cousins....it's a perception thing.......... bragging rights......call it what you like.

OP
OP
S

sunsalem

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any data to back that opinion? If you were in the market for a Gen5, would it really cause you to go elsewhere?
We all have opinions, and every one is worth exactly 2 pennies. :)

FWIW, I do agree with pathoguy the image of the Viper takes a bit of a hit by not being the "top dog" in HP (as it has been for its entire run).
IMO, it asks the question again I posed above: is a "Hellsnake" coming or simply Hell?:dunno:

BlueLIGHTNING

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ya soon they will be calling the viper the new dodge pussycat. I don't care how much hp it has never trade any vipers for it.

05Commemorative

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sure, but folks can answer for themselves what they would do vs trying to speak for others. Would he in fact not buy a Viper and buy something else because of this? Would any of you? You can only answer if in the market, have the money, going in to get a Viper, reading this info about challenger/charger and then deciding to go elsewhere.

If not in the market, then how can you answer, propose an answer or even feel your opinion is worth the 2 pennies.

We all have opinions, and every one is worth exactly 2 pennies. :)

FWIW, I do agree with pathoguy the image of the Viper takes a bit of a hit by not being the "top dog" in HP (as it has been for its entire run).
IMO, it asks the question again I posed above: is a "Hellsnake" coming or simply Hell?:dunno: