Charlotte area Vipers.

sn8kbyt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking for some info from any Viper owners in the Ballantyne/Mecklenburg or Weddington area near Charlotte. I'm looking to semi-retire in the area so I would like to know more about the local chapter of the Viper Club.I would also like to know which areas are nicer and more conducive to " spirited " cruising,where is the best Viper tech in the area etc.........Any and all info greatly appreciated.

C.B. 2002 F/E

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm in the Concord area, just North of Charlotte. I'm very familiar with the South Charlotte area as I've worked down in that area often. It is a very nice, upscale area, but way too much traffic and congestion for me. Also, Mecklenburg taxes are crazy. Without returning to your original message, I think it said your currently in New York. If so, I'm originally from the Binghamton area and the cost of living here is a major improvement. If you haven't had a chance to look at all of the surrounding areas of Charlotte, don't rule out the North side counties like Cabarrus and Rowan. The cities of Concord and Mooresville are great. The Lake Norman area is awesome. As for the local Viper chapter, I've only hooked up with them once in the Fall for an Autocross event and had a blast. I've only been a Viper owner for one year, and I'm on my second Viper already, so haven't had a chance to get to more club gatherings. Feel free to give me a call for any insight. I'll PM you the number.

revived_gearhead

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Oh Yea, as for the Viper tech question, Tom Sessions from the Wilmington, NC area is awesome. I'm sure he'll tell you I've wore his cell phone out, but he is the best and has become a true friend too!

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Yea, as for the Viper tech question, Tom Sessions from the Wilmington, NC area is awesome. I'm sure he'll tell you I've wore his cell phone out, but he is the best and has become a true friend too!

I ship my Viper to Tom Session to work on and I live in WPB FL.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
UGR is in Charlotte, they do alot with Vipers-probably know more than any dealer-but they will not fix a n/c warrenty repair.

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody here ever heard of Underground Racing in Charlotte? Great guys to set up a twin turbo system on your Viper. I've transported a few cars there for customers.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anybody here ever heard of Underground Racing in Charlotte? Great guys to set up a twin turbo system on your Viper. I've transported a few cars there for customers.

My car is there now. I would think nearly everyone here would know who they are?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was clueless, and I live less than 90 miles from Charlotte. What's the ballpark $$ for a twin turbo setup on an SRT-10?

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a completely seperate topic, I have a car stranded in Charlotte. Any Charlotte guys know of anybody that wants to drive a sporty Hyundai Sonata up to Chicago?

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is there now. I would think nearly everyone here would know who they are?
-----------------------------------------------------------

No, I think not everybody knows about Underground Racing in NC.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No, I think not everybody knows about Underground Racing in NC.

You must not keep up with the Tuner wars,drag racing, or any of the heavily moddified cars. They have the fastest and quickest Twin Turbo 6sp car and Supercharged car in the Viper world.

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, actually I do. Charter member of the Viper club since 95. Before the national club even existed. And I follow drag racing even before the Viper club. If you read the original post I was asking if the guys from the NC club had heard about Underground racing because I've done business wuth them. And one of the members responded to your post assuming everybody in NC knew about Underground Racing, that he never heard about it. So my point is that not everybody knows about Underground, like you said. Not that I don't do much drag racing or anything else, etc.

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was clueless, and I live less than 90 miles from Charlotte. What's the ballpark $$ for a twin turbo setup on an SRT-10?
See what I mean 2MANAYTOYS?

Forged Horsemen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Underground Racing was a game on Playstation....

----------------------------------------------------------

Like I said 2MANYTOYS not everybody in the beuitiful state of NC knows about Underground Racing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21