cheap tires ??

vinnieviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just bought 2 faulken tires for the front of my 95 r/t 10. i got them for 100.00 each so i said what the heck. and i bought em. i have dunlops sp 8000 on the rear. are they decent tires ?? is it ok to have two different brands ?? i just thought 100.00 each was pretty good.. and they are brand new tires.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are Faulken tires? Never heard of them before. What is the size and rating?

No idea on the Dunlops either. They have never come up when I have searched for available tires. I have always stuck with Michelins, but am inclined to switch to Kumhos or Michelin Ppilot Sport Cups in the near future.

PSilverGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also brought the Faulkens for the front when I got my Viper 1 1/2 ago. I got them here Discount Tires Direct and included shipping. They have work great so far. I put about 8k miles and no problems and still look new :) . They look just like the Michelens and have the same tread wear rating.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As long as they grip well. Otherwise, grippier tires are cheaper than fixing body work. :cool:

Faulkens are big sponsers of drifting competitions, I note. As drifting competitions are known for being able to spin tires, I always wondered why a tire company would want to advertise their tires spin so well. :cool:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I bought my car it had dunlops on the back. They where horrible.

Now I have Kumhos. :2tu:

Tires and performance go hand and hand. From handling, to acceration, to braking Tires mean A LOT. I wouldn't go cheap.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Falken 512's on my Lexus, great tires, close to my old Kuhmo's. Falken's do not offer anything for the rear.

Not a great idea to have different tires in front and rear... This is the wrong place to save bucks, just like brakepads.

Dunlop's are not up to par with Viper either.
Get Mixhelin's and you'll be happy or get Kuhmo's for half the price.

OP
OP
V

vinnieviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that does seem like a great price for 4 kumhos from partsrack. are these racing tires ?? i know it says DOT leagal .. 6/32 does not seem like much tread depth on new tires i always thought at least 10/32 for a new tire. but like most things i could be wrong. . ill just assume i should sell the falkens i have bought and go with kumhos all the way around.. michelins and kids braces are not quiet mixing well these days...

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kumhos are R rated tires. R rated tires are between a slick and a performance tire. There really for autocrossing but I think they work great for the Street and track.

Kumhos have there good points and there bad. You should know both.

Good: Stick like glue especially around the corners

Bad: They pick up small pebbles and spray them at your paint (inner fender, sidesill) and they only last 5-7K miles.

I feel that the performance is worth it. But a lot of people would disagree.

Saint_Spinner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had kumho tires on my NSX before. I liked them alot. I was little hesitant (since they haven't made a name for themselves, at least not in the performance category), but I was pleasantly surprised. I like them more than the pirellis I have now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery