Check Engine Light --Intermittent Problem

Dr Venom

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an intermittent check engine light problem. I have checked the code with the OBDII reader and it is P1494. I can reset it and it will show up a month or two later. P1494 states , Incorrect input state detected for the leak detection pump (LDP) pressure switch. Dealer has no clue how to fix it. Has anyone had any experience with this one code (P1494)? Thanks in advance.

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If my memory serves me right, it's the code for your back o2 sensors at the rear of your exhaust.

Do you have cats?
Do you have o2 sims?

I'm sure it's an exhaust related code.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
well, the Leak Detection Pump is located behind the PASSENGER rear wheel, same location on the battery, but other side. cant hurt to take a look...

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey I've got the light and my code is for the leak detection pump. Here is what happened to me. I hit a raccoon on the interstate the other day at about 85 mph. Luckily it was a glancing blow on the front driver side corner of the car. The only thing it did was knock the lense off of the fog light or so I thought. I noticed i was getting a check engine light so i took it to the viper tech and he used his OBD II and checked the code. It showed that the leak detection pump was bad. We looked in the viewing circle in the front driver side wheel well and found that the pump had been cracked during the impact. So now I have to replace it. Now, Daniel says that the LDP is in the rear. If this is the case, maybe whatever is broken in my car is not the leak detection pump, but anyway it is broken and needs replaced.

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get this code whenever the fuel tank gets near empty. On a cold start the LDP is activated and pressurizes the system to check for leaks. I think the pump can't quite get the system pressurized when it is mostly compressible air instead of incompressible fuel and so it throws that code. This happened after I replaced the LPD. I fill it up and reset the code and it's fine.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the year of your car the LDP on a 2000 and newer car is in the right rear wheel wheel same place as the bumper on the other side. On an older car it is in the front facia left front side. A vacuum leak can cause this code to be set on some cars

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is also experiencing a problem with running a little hot. As I said in a previous post, I replaced a leaking gasket around the thermostat housing and then burped the system. It is still acting kind of wierd and tends to fluctuate a lot while driving. The first time I start it the temp will go to about 190 and then the thermostat opens up as it should. Then the temp drops fast and low down to the tick mark below the 190 mark. At this point the temperature begins to rise again and will rise up to near 223 when the fan kicks on and it will cool down again and run pretty close to 190 until I stop or slow down. Then it will bounce off of the fan limit (223 F) while I am stopped or moving slowly. The viper tech checked the temp gauge with his OBD II computer and it showed identical temps. I wonder if there is anything related to the coolant system in the front driver side facia that could've been damaged when I hit the raccoon. I know the coolant reservoir is in the passenger side front facia, but is there maybe a temperature control unit or any coolant component in the front driver side facia that could've been broken?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VinhyVegas