CHICAGO-LAND CRUISING??

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Frankly Yours" on Algonquin? Don't they have a killer driveway onto the side street? You can probably scrape the bumper of a Dodge Ram 4x4 on it, let alone a Viper. That parking lot can't hold too many cars.

Viperrick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too bad the new owners of Flukey's in Niles kicked the cruisers out a few years ago. I bet they hardly get 25 customers on a Friday evening now. I bet we could organize something at Super Dog at Devon and Milwaukee Ave. on Chicago's NW side. Although it is kind of a busy and confusing intersection it might be worth it. Fifties style Drive-in parking canopy's.

TOOOFST

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck told me about Uno's.Mr.Marcus(bad black TTsupra)organizes the get together.He set up a member site and It's a near perfect spot.Just good guys with great supercars.Got a ride in Marcus's supra and its fantastic.The site is actually @ Panera Bread co's (south)lot.Very well lit with lots of action 360degrees.Stop out thursday
cool.gif

OP
OP
Y

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VCA members-

I was looking for some good cruising grounds. Scott (TOOFST) told me about Uno's in Schaumburg in Thurs. nights and Fudruckers in Schaumburg ever first Wednesday of the month. Any other good local places?

I read at http://www.belowunderground.com/streetscene/Historical/guestlog.htm

"What’s up Partners in Crime? Cruising is still really big in the Chicago-land area. Strat's (right off of Manheim and Irving Park road) is one of the best places to hang out. We've got everything from Pro Street to hot imports. Augustino's (by Randhurst mall) is another hot spot. Great smoke shows there. Devil Dogs (Sat) and Frankly Yours (Fri) are great places to hang out if you are in the Schaumburg area. Great quality street and show cars at both joints. As for racing...We just look for the nearest industrial park...Ken Adams (79 455 Trans Am)"

Are these places still any good?

Thanks,

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every friday night Rolling Meadows has a free car show downtown and about 50-150 cars show up from about 5:00 till past dark. If you stay awhile youll see around 100, seeing as some showup and leave throughout the night. Every thing from oldies to new models show up. Its on Kirchoff road in downtown Rolling Meadows in a large parking lot (cant miss it.)

OP
OP
Y

YellowSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"mayasa"- I will have to see the movie 16 candles, because I know exactly which place you and "Viperrick" are talking about. Who is in that movie? When did it come out?

Has anyone been to Busses Woods in Elk Grove? I went there the other weekend and they were packed with people and cool cars. It seems as though it is best when it is hot outside.

Watch out for the police though, they sit hidden in variable parking spots. They look for people cruising over 5 or 10mph.

Thanks for all the input everyone.

Chuck 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by YellowSnake:

Has anyone been to Busses Woods in Elk Grove? I went there the other weekend and they were packed with people and cool cars. It seems as though it is best when it is hot outside.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean Bust-me Woods?? That's not a bad place to go. As long as you don't go too late in the day when the place is overflowing with drunk people screaming "Light 'em up dude!!"

SteveBCloud9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stick with the large places. The small places tend to be over-run by teenagers asking you to "Light em up". I have a list of places I could post, but most of them are already posted here.
Crystal lake on Thursday nights is the largest I hear. I'm going to try to make it our there this week for the first time. I think it's off of main.

Marcus Frost

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is just an FYI, I'm not writing this to get into a ******* match over what is the "best" spot.

The meetings I have setup on thursdays are in a well lit parking lot in a central location. We have not once been harassed by law enforcement, we do not have to deal with cars doing burnouts down the parking lot, nor do we have kids asking for us to "Light Them Up", etc. Since we have gotten so large lately, we get some kids and spectators who stop by, but most of them mean no harm, and we keep an eye on them. You can ask any of the Viper owners who have attended our event, it's actually quite a nice place to go. Very nice diversification of cars (most of them on the higher end of the spectrum). Last week our meet was pretty small, but we still had 5 Supras, 1 RX7, 1 GTS, 2 3000GT VR-4s, some new WRXs, and a few other cars. Best of all, we all know each other. Our record meet was about 2 weeks ago where we had about 40 cars.

If anyone is interested, you can email me.

-m